PDA

View Full Version : PDF version of FAR (Federal Aviation Regulatios)

March 27th 07, 01:13 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
this, but no luck.

Thanks,
Wolfgang,
Goleta, CA

P.S.: I have been using the AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) in
PDF form, see at
http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/media/aim.pdf
and I have found the AIM extremly useful that way. I have it always
handy on my computer and I can search for and find terms in it, some
of which would be the equivalent of proverbial "the needle in the
haystack".

Ron Natalie
March 27th 07, 04:21 AM
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
> this, but no luck.

The FAR's do not come "normally bundled" with the AIM except for certain
non-government republishers.

The link for the FAR is right on the FAA home page.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=082fe9719269cf20950e9c34ca491c50&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfrv1_02.tpl

Each part is a separate PDF.

BT
March 27th 07, 04:58 AM
nice link... but all I get are html pages.. no pdfs..

BT

"Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
m...
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
>> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
>> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
>> this, but no luck.
>>
> The FAR's do not come "normally bundled" with the AIM except for certain
> non-government republishers.
>
> The link for the FAR is right on the FAA home page.
>
> http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=082fe9719269cf20950e9c34ca491c50&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfrv1_02.tpl
>
> Each part is a separate PDF.

Andrew Sarangan
March 27th 07, 05:18 AM
On Mar 26, 11:58 pm, "BT" > wrote:
> nice link... but all I get are html pages.. no pdfs..
>
> BT
>
> "Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
> >> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
> >> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
> >> this, but no luck.
>
> > The FAR's do not come "normally bundled" with the AIM except for certain
> > non-government republishers.
>
> > The link for the FAR is right on the FAA home page.
>
> >http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=082fe9719269cf20950...
>
> > Each part is a separate PDF.- Hide quoted text -

It is a single html file so you should be able to print the entire
document to a pdf writer such as Adobe Acrobat. If you don't have
Acrobat, there are some free ones out there.

BT
March 27th 07, 05:27 AM

> It is a single html file so you should be able to print the entire
> document to a pdf writer such as Adobe Acrobat. If you don't have
> Acrobat, there are some free ones out there.

Now why didn't I think of that... printable but not searchable..

I have one of the "Free" pdf printers.. use it regularly.

Thanx
BT

Jim Macklin
March 27th 07, 03:16 PM
www.cutepdf.com will act like a printer and convert any HTML
file to PDF. It is free.

"BT" > wrote in message
| nice link... but all I get are html pages.. no pdfs..
|
| BT
|
| "Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
| m...
| > wrote:
| >> Hi,
| >>
| >> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe
Acrobat Reader)
| >> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that
normally comes
| >> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far
and wide for
| >> this, but no luck.
| >>
| > The FAR's do not come "normally bundled" with the AIM
except for certain
| > non-government republishers.
| >
| > The link for the FAR is right on the FAA home page.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=082fe9719269cf20950e9c34ca491c50&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfrv1_02.tpl

| > Each part is a separate PDF.

Larry Dighera
March 27th 07, 07:24 PM
On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 09:16:53 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
> wrote in
>:

>www.cutepdf.com will act like a printer and convert any HTML
>file to PDF. It is free.

And here's Part 91 all on one page:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=a584ba766b1b59d0118c7c8d28cd0b1f&rgn=div5&view=text&node=14:2.0.1.3.10&idno=14

Other parts are available here:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=a584ba766b1b59d0118c7c8d28cd0b1f&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfrv2_02.tpl

Just click the numeric link toward the left hand side of the page; the
link in the middle only provides links to the various sections.

Bob Gardner
March 27th 07, 07:45 PM
It's far from free, but my Summit Aviation CD-ROM contains not only a
searchable FAR and AIM, but just about every FAA
publication/directive/opinion you can think of.

Bob Gardner

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
> this, but no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> Wolfgang,
> Goleta, CA
>
> P.S.: I have been using the AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) in
> PDF form, see at
> http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/media/aim.pdf
> and I have found the AIM extremly useful that way. I have it always
> handy on my computer and I can search for and find terms in it, some
> of which would be the equivalent of proverbial "the needle in the
> haystack".

JonH
March 28th 07, 12:33 AM
Here are at least some FARs in a PDF.

http://www.gofir.com/fars/

Maybe there's more hidden in there.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a PDF electronic file version (Adobe Acrobat Reader)
> of the "Federal Aviation Regulatios" (FAR), that normally comes
> bundled with the AIM. I have searched the Internet far and wide for
> this, but no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> Wolfgang,
> Goleta, CA
>
> P.S.: I have been using the AIM (Aeronautical Information Manual) in
> PDF form, see at
> http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/air_traffic/publications/media/aim.pdf
> and I have found the AIM extremly useful that way. I have it always
> handy on my computer and I can search for and find terms in it, some
> of which would be the equivalent of proverbial "the needle in the
> haystack".

Blueskies
March 28th 07, 01:54 AM
"Jim Macklin" > wrote in message ...