PDA

View Full Version : 1.8" solid state disk for Tablet Aviation PCs, NO ALTITUDE LIMITS!

March 29th 07, 11:34 PM
This is the first 1.8" SSD that I have seen with a female IDE
connector (properly called micro-ATA). It is used in The popular
Fujitsu 1600 tablet, some other notebooks / tablets, and even some
iPods. Pilots can replace their hard disks with this solid state disk
to prevent crashes (no pun intended) at altitude. SSDs are are pure
NAND Flash memory, immune to vibration, shock, etc. <1ms access time.
Details at http://www.dvnation.com/nand-flash-ssd.html#Adv

Paul Tomblin
March 30th 07, 02:28 AM
In a previous article, said:
>This is the first 1.8" SSD that I have seen with a female IDE
>connector (properly called micro-ATA). It is used in The popular

Rumour has it that Apple is working on a tablet computer that uses a flash
drive, and/or that they are going to switch the entire iPod line to flash
drives. Apple is the biggest buyer of flash drives on the world, and
probably get a pretty good deal on them.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://blog.xcski.com/
It's a house of cards, supported not on the backs of turtles but on bull****.

john smith[_2_]
March 30th 07, 09:34 PM
In article >,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

> Rumour has it that Apple is working on a tablet computer that uses a flash
> drive, and/or that they are going to switch the entire iPod line to flash
> drives. Apple is the biggest buyer of flash drives on the world, and
> probably get a pretty good deal on them.

And Steve shut killed the Newton because a real computer has a keyboard.
Oh how times have changed!

Gig 601XL Builder
March 30th 07, 10:10 PM
john smith wrote:
> In article >,
> (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
>
>> Rumour has it that Apple is working on a tablet computer that uses a
>> flash drive, and/or that they are going to switch the entire iPod
>> line to flash drives. Apple is the biggest buyer of flash drives on
>> the world, and probably get a pretty good deal on them.
>
> And Steve shut killed the Newton because a real computer has a
> keyboard. Oh how times have changed!

Steve killed the Newton because Scully put it on the market. And Scully put
it on the market before either the Newton or the market was ready for it.

Google