PDA

View Full Version : CAI 302 Utility program confusion

Frank[_1_]
March 30th 07, 03:23 AM
Hi,

I managed to wipe out all the software on my primary and backup PDA's
(long story - don't ask) and I am now trying to figure out which
CAI302 utility should be installed on which PDA:

Primary PDA: HP4705 with Windows Mobile V5
Backup PDA: IPAQ 3835 with Windows CE 3.0

>From the description on the Cambridge 302 page, it appears I need the
300UtilityiPAQ v2.57 for my HP4705 running Windows Mobile V5, and
300UtilityCE v2.57 for the Compaq 3835. However, I would rather not
screw things up, so I would like to get confirmation before I proceed.

TIA,

Frank

Paul Remde
March 30th 07, 03:57 AM
Hi Frank,

Actually, the "CE" version is only for older Compaq Aero 1500 or 2100 units.
The "iPAQ" version works on all iPAQs. The compatibilities of each are
listed on my Cambridge downloads page here:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/cai_downloads.htm

So you need the iPAQ version for both of your Pocket PCs.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Frank" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I managed to wipe out all the software on my primary and backup PDA's
> (long story - don't ask) and I am now trying to figure out which
> CAI302 utility should be installed on which PDA:
>
> Primary PDA: HP4705 with Windows Mobile V5
> Backup PDA: IPAQ 3835 with Windows CE 3.0
>
>>From the description on the Cambridge 302 page, it appears I need the
> 300UtilityiPAQ v2.57 for my HP4705 running Windows Mobile V5, and
> 300UtilityCE v2.57 for the Compaq 3835. However, I would rather not
> screw things up, so I would like to get confirmation before I proceed.
>
> TIA,
>
> Frank

Google