PDA

View Full Version : Genuine? Helicopter post

Ol Shy & Bashful
March 30th 07, 04:04 AM
Got to watch a V-22 Osprey doing touch and goes today at KBFM. What a
fun hour of watching that amazing machine making the transition from
hover to forward flight and back again. Wish to hell I could get some
stick time in that one before I hang up my licenses in the next year
or two.
Wish to hell that clown with the hardon for Belfort would go away and
crawl back into the hole he came from.

Don W
March 30th 07, 05:42 PM
Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
> Got to watch a V-22 Osprey doing touch and goes today at KBFM. What a
> fun hour of watching that amazing machine making the transition from
> hover to forward flight and back again. Wish to hell I could get some
> stick time in that one before I hang up my licenses in the next year
> or two.
> Wish to hell that clown with the hardon for Belfort would go away and
> crawl back into the hole he came from.

That V-22 is an amazing machine. When I worked at
Boeing another team was designing the avionics
package for it. Several people in my group were
working on it, although I personally was not.

Of course, there were plenty of problems in the
early flight testing, and a lot of crashes.
Still, there is nothing quite like it for heavy
lift, VTOL, and _speed_.

As for the Belfort troll asshole, I plonked him
and don't see his posts anymore--thankfully.

Don W.

Steve R
March 30th 07, 07:42 PM
"Don W" > wrote in message
t...

> That V-22 is an amazing machine. When I worked at Boeing another team was
> designing the avionics package for it. Several people in my group were
> working on it, although I personally was not.
>
> Of course, there were plenty of problems in the early flight testing, and
> a lot of crashes. Still, there is nothing quite like it for heavy lift,
> VTOL, and _speed_.
>
> As for the Belfort troll asshole, I plonked him and don't see his posts
> anymore--thankfully.
>
> Don W.

I haven't seen much on the V-22 in quite a while. Have they made
significant progress in lining out it's intial problems? As you said, they
had quite a few teething problems with it in the beginning and there was
much "discussion" on whether or not it would work out.

I think the idea is very cool and really do want to see them succeed with
it. I'm not trying to restart any old arguments here. I'm just curious.
:-)

Thanks for any info.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.