PDA

View Full Version : Call for flight department guide for employee pilots

Jim Carter[_1_]
April 4th 07, 01:31 PM
I need to propose a reinstatement of our company's policy or allowing employees to fly private aircraft on business. I have a copy of our old plan which was closed down because it was too hard to administer given the limited number of pilots that qualified and used it.

I'd appreciate those among us who work for companies that have reasonable and responsible policies, contacting me if they can share those plans.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

john smith[_2_]
April 4th 07, 02:38 PM
In article >,
"Jim Carter" > wrote:

> I need to propose a reinstatement of our company's policy or allowing
> employees to fly private aircraft on business. I have a copy of our old plan
> which was closed down because it was too hard to administer given the limited
> number of pilots that qualified and used it.
>
> I'd appreciate those among us who work for companies that have reasonable and
> responsible policies, contacting me if they can share those plans.

Contact National Business Aviation Association

http://www.nbaa.org/

They will have what you need.

Jim Carter[_1_]
April 6th 07, 03:29 AM
I contacted NBAA by email after finding nothing on their site addressing my question. I received an email from them today apologizing for not having any information on this topic, commenting that most corporations have eliminated private aircraft travel due to workman compensation issues, and offering a link to some of their consultant members.

I've checked three of the links to their consultant members and found them to be rather questionable.

Any more ideas guys and gals?

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"john smith" > wrote in message ...
In article >,
"Jim Carter" > wrote:

> I need to propose a reinstatement of our company's policy or allowing
> employees to fly private aircraft on business. I have a copy of our old plan
> which was closed down because it was too hard to administer given the limited
> number of pilots that qualified and used it.
>
> I'd appreciate those among us who work for companies that have reasonable and
> responsible policies, contacting me if they can share those plans.

Contact National Business Aviation Association

http://www.nbaa.org/

They will have what you need.

Blueskies
April 6th 07, 01:11 PM
"Jim Carter" > wrote in message t...
I contacted NBAA by email after finding nothing on their site addressing my question. I received an email from them
today apologizing for not having any information on this topic, commenting that most corporations have eliminated
private aircraft travel due to workman compensation issues, and offering a link to some of their consultant members.

I've checked three of the links to their consultant members and found them to be rather questionable.

Any more ideas guys and gals?

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas

Makes sense to me, the NBAA seems to represent biz jets not private pilots.

Try AOPA? fwiw...

andrew m. boardman
April 7th 07, 05:30 PM
Blueskies > wrote:
>Makes sense to me, the NBAA seems to represent biz jets not private pilots.

Actually, once upon a time they did have some good information on
implementing employee flying policies; I'm surprised they're being so
useless now. I know a few local companies firsthand that have such
policies, and google turns up a bunch more. (Though also a depressing
number of "absolutely prohibited".)

Usually they require a few hundred hours, and sometimes an instrument
rating and/or commercial cert. The best I've seen is the University of
Wisconsin, which has a somewhat complex set of requirements
(http://www.uwsa.edu/oslp/rm/forms/pilotapproved.htm), but which are
centered on currency rather than total time.

Google