PDA

View Full Version : MX, Fishing and Adios

Jay Beckman
April 8th 07, 07:32 AM
Hello All,

I truly can not understand is why R.A.P. is dysfunctioning so differently
from any other collection of like minded people. If MX were to stroll into
the middle of Jay's campsite at OSH and begin to spew his tripe about flying
in general and GA in particular, at the very least, people would just ignore
him and talk around and past him. Of course, he'd probably get laughed out
of Wisconsin if not stuffed headfirst into the nearest dumpster. What makes
his crap so tempting here?(specifically referring to R.A.P. ... Over at
R.A.S. he should be shouted down and denounced as bogus at every turn as
IMO, he could get someone hurt or killed with his BS.)

A friend of mine who is a devoted angler tells me that fish will turn and
strike almost immediately after the hook has been removed and they've been
tossed back into the water.

Seeing as people here continue to expend energy on MXs' sorry-assed bait,
I've reached the following conclusion:

- Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day
- Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime
- Give a man Usenet and he'll turn into a fish

I see no other choice than to follow the lead of others who have given up on
these forums as I concur that the noise level has risen to a point at which
any usable signal is nearly gone.

If you have my email, please feel free to keep in touch.

Fair skies and tailwinds to all. I will never be able to give back what
I've been able to take from this group.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Larry Dighera
April 8th 07, 10:13 AM
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 23:32:29 -0700, "Jay Beckman" >
wrote in >:

>I see no other choice than to follow the lead of others who have given up on
>these forums as I concur that the noise level has risen to a point at which
>any usable signal is nearly gone.

To paraphrase a post in another newsgroup:

-IF- Everyone who did not like the Off-Topic Posts
here did two things :

1 - Choose Not To Read Them And Reply To Them.
- - - Reduce the Amount of "Off-Topic" Posting Traffic.

2 - Posted One ON-TOPIC Post each Day or Once-a-Week
- - - Increase the Number of "On-Topic" Posting Messages.

* PIREPS, Regulation Questions, Aviation News, ...

* QSL Received and Broadcast Frequency Schedules

* Avionics, Navigation, Metrology and Technical Topics

IMHO - The NewsGroup would become more Interesting
related to the Topic of Piloting and Readable for
News and Information about Piloting.

YES - Answer Every Off-Topic Post
-with- Your Own ON TOPIC Post !

- it all begins with one - are you that one ~
- - and who will be the second to follow . . .
- - - and then the third and so on and on . . .

Lou
April 8th 07, 11:40 AM
Now that's funny, you actually trolled this newsgroup about
some you consider a troll. Is that and oxy-moron, or do I have
too many letters?
Lou

kontiki
April 8th 07, 02:04 PM
Jay Beckman wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I truly can not understand is why R.A.P. is dysfunctioning so differently
> from any other collection of like minded people. If MX were to stroll into
> the middle of Jay's campsite at OSH and begin to spew his tripe about flying
> in general and GA in particular, at the very least, people would just ignore
> him and talk around and past him. Of course, he'd probably get laughed out
> of Wisconsin if not stuffed headfirst into the nearest dumpster. What makes
> his crap so tempting here?(specifically referring to R.A.P. ... Over at
> R.A.S. he should be shouted down and denounced as bogus at every turn as
> IMO, he could get someone hurt or killed with his BS.)

<snip>

Too bad you let him get to you like that. I actually find many of his
posts to be entertaining if not interesting. Good discussions are good
thing. Whenever one group of individuals wants to shut down talk or
debate from another group (sorta like politcal correctness) its not
a good thing.

Steve Foley[_2_]
April 8th 07, 02:16 PM
"Jay Beckman" > wrote in message

Has anyone seen the Honda ad with this line?

"Pilot - Admired by humans, envied by trolls"

RomeoMike
April 8th 07, 04:28 PM
Jay Beckman wrote:

> Fair skies and tailwinds to all. I will never be able to give back what
> I've been able to take from this group.

Sorry to see you go, Jay.

Montblack
April 8th 07, 07:24 PM
("Jay Beckman" wrote)
> I see no other choice than to follow the lead of others who have given up
> on these forums as I concur that the noise level has risen to a point at
> which any usable signal is nearly gone.
>
> If you have my email, please feel free to keep in touch.
>
> Fair skies and tailwinds to all. I will never be able to give back what
> I've been able to take from this group.

Oh crap. Another swan dive!

#1. Ms Maniac X = scroll wheel, scroll wheel, scroll wheel...

#2. Ms Maniac X = scroll wheel, scroll wheel, scroll wheel...

#3. Ms Maniac X = scroll wheel, scroll wheel, scroll wheel...

You've won (multiple) Emmy(s). You're my tangible link to TV's inner
sanctum.

.......I love TV!!!

You're killing me here, Jay B.

Montblack