PDA

View Full Version : Daily Miles For Sport Pilots

mdginzo
April 8th 07, 07:46 AM
Is there a maximum amount of miles one can fly daily as a sport
pilot? Are there any significant records in this area yet? Anyone
tried to go across the US for example?

Jim Macklin
April 8th 07, 09:04 AM
Day only/VFR only, aircraft speed limited. A transcon trip
would take several days, perhaps a week in good weather.
Route would have to allow fore altitude restrictions.
But only the Recreational pilot has a x-c restriction.

"mdginzo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
| Is there a maximum amount of miles one can fly daily as a
sport
| pilot? Are there any significant records in this area
yet? Anyone
| tried to go across the US for example?

Danny Deger
April 11th 07, 05:42 AM
"mdginzo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is there a maximum amount of miles one can fly daily as a sport
> pilot? Are there any significant records in this area yet? Anyone
> tried to go across the US for example?

I just flew my "new" Taylorcraft from Wisconsin to Houston Texas in 2 days.
In the middle of summer, the flight could be made in one day.

Danny Deger

Cubdriver
April 11th 07, 11:26 AM
On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 03:04:07 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
> wrote:

>But only the Recreational pilot has a x-c restriction.

Easily lifted. Indeed, the XC requirement is less stringent than for a
private certificate: fly to an airport 50 miles distant, make three
landings, come home.

Make it a towered airport and your instructor no doubt will also sign
you off for B, C, and D landings as well.

I have made the shift to flying under sport pilot privileges, so I may
be the only sport pilot required to carry my logbook in the airplane.
Though I have no current medical certt, the insurance company and the
FAA still regard me as a recreational pilot, so I am stuck with that
old and rather odd requirement.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Google