PDA

View Full Version : DUATS vs. ADDS

Robert M. Gary
April 11th 07, 09:08 PM
I've noticed that often the TAF's in DUATS are much older than ADDS.
Has anyone else found this? It appears that either DUATS does not
posts updates or they take much longer to post.

-Robert

Dan Luke
April 11th 07, 09:38 PM
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

> I've noticed that often the TAF's in DUATS are much older than ADDS.
> Has anyone else found this? It appears that either DUATS does not
> posts updates or they take much longer to post.

Really? I hadn't noticed.

Thanks for the heads up.

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Andrew Sarangan
April 12th 07, 12:15 AM
On Apr 11, 4:38 pm, "Dan Luke" > wrote:
> "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
> > I've noticed that often the TAF's in DUATS are much older than ADDS.
> > Has anyone else found this? It appears that either DUATS does not
> > posts updates or they take much longer to post.
>
> Really? I hadn't noticed.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, just two days ago I ran into a situation where the FD winds
aloft data from DUATS was older than the one on AWC website. We tried
downloading a few times just to make sure, and it was indeed older by
at least 12 hours.

Jay Honeck
April 12th 07, 12:28 AM
> I've noticed that often the TAF's in DUATS are much older than ADDS.
> Has anyone else found this? It appears that either DUATS does not
> posts updates or they take much longer to post.

ADDS has made gathering weather information much easier, quicker, and
more intuitive -- you can literally see the actual METAR weather along
your entire route of flight at a single glance.

I haven't looked at DUATs even once since java-driven ADDS was
introduced.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

April 12th 07, 02:14 AM
The only derog for ADDS is the lack of NOTAMS. I still go to DUATS
for those.

Google