PDA

View Full Version : Re: Fabric Covered Dreams

Jim Austin
August 12th 03, 01:35 AM
I sure do enjoy reading what you write. Thanks for your efforts.

Jim Austin

Veeduber wrote:
(Interesting reading, as usual)

Wright1902Glider
August 12th 03, 04:52 AM
Next time you're in Covington, GA, stop by the shop and I'll show you how much
fun I had covering the wings of my Wright machine. Cotton muslin WITHOUT any
dope or shrinking... just streched tight with very sore fingers.

I did a considerable amount of fabric testing over the last year looking for a
suitable substitute for the infamous "Pride of the West." I made a similar
fabric frame to test that the fabric would NOT shrink and distort my unbraced
wings. (The fabric iteslf provides the lateral bracing.) I even developed a
vacuum testing device which measured fabric porisity in Hg. Alas, I ended up
going with a custom-milled cotton from WW1 Originals. Very pricey, but very
very acurate.

Harry

Morgans
August 12th 03, 11:24 PM
"Robert Little" > wrote in message
> Bravo. Robert Little / RAZORBACK FABRICS, INC.
> "Veeduber" > wrote in message

Have you never heard of trimming, Robert?:

What a pain in the a**!
--
Jim in NC--

Barnyard BOb --
August 13th 03, 11:37 AM
>"Robert Little" > wrote in message
>> Bravo. Robert Little / RAZORBACK FABRICS, INC.
>> "Veeduber" > wrote in message
>
>Have you never heard of trimming, Robert?:
>
>What a pain in the a**!
>--
>Jim in NC--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep...
This one is trophy size to the point
that I'd wonder about Robert and
anything he touches, including,,,,
RAZORBACK FABRICS, INC.

Barnyard BOb --

Corrie
August 13th 03, 03:32 PM
Barnyard BOb -- > wrote in message >...
> >Have you never heard of trimming, Robert?:
> This one is trophy size to the point
> that I'd wonder about Robert and
> anything he touches, including,,,,
> RAZORBACK FABRICS, INC.

Look on the bright side. You order a yard and he sends you the whole bolt....

Corrie, perennial optimist

Google