PDA

View Full Version : Fly Safely....

muff528
April 17th 07, 11:22 PM
Y'all be careful if you're flying to SnF. There's already been an accident
here and since the weather
is great (and expected to get better) there will likely be a lot of traffic.

My condolences to the families.

Blue'ns, TP

Orval Fairbairn
April 18th 07, 07:05 PM
In article <3NbVh.6039$0S1.138@trnddc01>,
"muff528" > wrote:

> Y'all be careful if you're flying to SnF. There's already been an accident
> here and since the weather
> is great (and expected to get better) there will likely be a lot of traffic.
>
> My condolences to the families.
>
> Blue'ns, TP

Apparently, it was partially controller-induced. SNF has some dumb ATC
management practices. They tell you to drop your gear five miles out,
which slows you dow too much (My own philosophy is: dont drop the gear
until you need it). They also reserve the main runway for warbird
arrivals and try to land everyone on the main parallel taxiway.

According to (unconfirmed) witnesses, the aircraft started to line up on
the main runway and ATC directed him to the taxiway. He tightened the
turn, stalled and spun in.

Of course, the bottom line is: FLY THE DAMN AIRPLANE! Don't let the
controller fly it and, if necessary, just say, "unable."

Google