PDA

View Full Version : Cricri

The Old Bloke[_4_]
April 18th 07, 01:38 AM
I have some videos of the tiny Cricri aircraft, but all are of the petrol
engine version.

I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video. I
have tried Google. I have seen some photos.

Any one know of a video?

Regards
Doug

Sylvain
April 18th 07, 02:57 AM
The Old Bloke wrote:

> I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video. I
> have tried Google. I have seen some photos.

I have seen this video on the net; ask around on fr.rec.aviation; someone
probably knows where to find it (might be on some non searchable site)

--Sylvain

Martin X. Moleski, SJ
April 18th 07, 05:36 AM
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:38:32 GMT, "The Old Bloke" > wrote in
>:

>I have some videos of the tiny Cricri aircraft, but all are of the petrol
>engine version.

>I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video. I
>have tried Google. I have seen some photos.

>Any one know of a video?

Photos of twin turbine:

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html

Video of piston twin with tuned pipes:

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/worlds-smallest-twin-engine-plane

I'll bet this is the video that you remember.

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

The Old Bloke[_4_]
April 18th 07, 08:40 AM
"Sylvain" > wrote in message
> The Old Bloke wrote:
>
>> I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video.
>> have tried Google. I have seen some photos.
>
> I have seen this video on the net; ask around on fr.rec.aviation;
> someone
> probably knows where to find it (might be on some non searchable site)
>
> --Sylvain

Thanks Sylvain. I will try that.

The Old Bloke[_4_]
April 18th 07, 08:41 AM
"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:38:32 GMT, "The Old Bloke" >
> wrote in
> >:
>
>>I have some videos of the tiny Cricri aircraft, but all are of the petrol
>>engine version.
>
>>I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video. I
>>have tried Google. I have seen some photos.
>
>>Any one know of a video?
>
> Photos of twin turbine:
>
> http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html
>
> Video of piston twin with tuned pipes:
>
> http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/worlds-smallest-twin-engine-plane
>
> I'll bet this is the video that you remember.

I already have that video. I was sure I had seen one of the turbine power
Cricri.

Thanks Martin.

Dan Luke
April 18th 07, 12:20 PM
"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote:

> Photos of twin turbine:
>
> http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html

Wow.

The Old Bloke[_4_]
April 18th 07, 12:40 PM
"Sylvain" > wrote in message
> The Old Bloke wrote:
>
>> I know some have been fitted with R/C turbines, but can't find a video.
>> have tried Google. I have seen some photos.
>
> I have seen this video on the net; ask around on fr.rec.aviation;
> someone
> probably knows where to find it (might be on some non searchable site)
>
> --Sylvain

Done

Peter Dohm
April 18th 07, 02:37 PM
> > I'll bet this is the video that you remember.
> >
> I already have that video. I was sure I had seen one of the turbine power
> Cricri.
>
> Thanks Martin.

I have seen the video of the CriCri with the two little turbines, but
apparently did not save it and can not find a link.

Peter

C J Campbell[_1_]
April 18th 07, 04:08 PM
On 2007-04-18 04:20:56 -0700, "Dan Luke" > said:

> "Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote:
> >
>> Photos of twin turbine:
>>
>> http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html
>>

> Wow.

I wonder what the range and endurance are. Looks like it could carry
barely enough fuel to get around the pattern. :-)
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Dan Luke
April 18th 07, 11:34 PM
"C J Campbell" wrote:

>>> Photos of twin turbine:
>>>
>>> http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html
>>>

>> Wow.
>
> I wonder what the range and endurance are. Looks like it could carry barely
> enough fuel to get around the pattern. :-)

That might be about as much excitement as the pilot can stand!

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

The Old Bloke[_4_]
April 19th 07, 02:51 AM
"Peter Dohm" > wrote in message
>> > I'll bet this is the video that you remember.
>> >
>> I already have that video. I was sure I had seen one of the turbine
>> power
>> Cricri.
>>
>> Thanks Martin.
>>

> I have seen the video of the CriCri with the two little turbines, but
> apparently did not save it and can not find a link.
>
> Peter

I remember it well.

Sylvain
April 19th 07, 03:14 AM
The Old Bloke wrote:

>> I have seen the video of the CriCri with the two little turbines, but
>> apparently did not save it and can not find a link.
>>
> I remember it well.

so do I. I was drooling all over the keyboard. Imagine that, taxiing
next to a Gulfstream, knowing that you too, are flying a twin jet,
except that the Gulfstream folks can't pack theirs up on the back of their
pickup truck at the end of the day (and the cricri is fully aerobatic
unlike the Gulfstream).

--Sylvain

Morgans
April 19th 07, 03:20 AM
"Sylvain" > wrote.

> so do I. I was drooling all over the keyboard. Imagine that, taxiing
> next to a Gulfstream, knowing that you too, are flying a twin jet,
> except that the Gulfstream folks can't pack theirs up on the back of their
> pickup truck at the end of the day (and the cricri is fully aerobatic
> unlike the Gulfstream).

Seems to me that I remember that acceleration with the toy turbines was so
poor, that you had to have at least a mile long runway with no upslope, or
launch from the top of a moving vehicle.
--
Jim in NC

Google