PDA

View Full Version : Flight instructors

fred
April 18th 07, 05:15 PM
Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
Fred

C J Campbell[_1_]
April 18th 07, 05:22 PM
On 2007-04-18 09:15:49 -0700, fred > said:

> Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
> Fred

There are several. I am constantly getting spammed by them.

But a good start is the National Association of Flight Instructors.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Steven Barnes
April 18th 07, 09:59 PM
I'm right here. How much? ;-)

"fred" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
> Fred

Robert M. Gary
April 19th 07, 06:01 PM
On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred > wrote:
> Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
> Fred

It seems that CFI jobs are pretty easy to get. I get ads in the mail
looking for CFIs, offering to fly me to Arizon, etc to work for
several months. Most ask for 200 dual given and 200 IFR but I'd bet
they would negotiate that. It seems like there are a lot of CFI's
looking for jobs but no one seems to stay anywhere for long so
openings happen often. I hear FBOs complain about the difficulty of
getting CFI's, most say they would be able to hold more students if
they had CFIs for them. Maybe when I retire I'll CFI full time.

-Robert, CFII

Andrew Sarangan
April 19th 07, 06:56 PM
On Apr 19, 1:01 pm, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:
> On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred > wrote:
>
> > Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
> > Fred
>
> It seems that CFI jobs are pretty easy to get. I get ads in the mail
> looking for CFIs, offering to fly me to Arizon, etc to work for
> several months. Most ask for 200 dual given and 200 IFR but I'd bet
> they would negotiate that. It seems like there are a lot of CFI's
> looking for jobs but no one seems to stay anywhere for long so
> openings happen often. I hear FBOs complain about the difficulty of
> getting CFI's, most say they would be able to hold more students if
> they had CFIs for them. Maybe when I retire I'll CFI full time.
>
> -Robert, CFII

My observation is that CFI work load falls somewhere between a full
time job and a part time job. I am a part time CFI, and I get more
calls from students than I can handle, but I know that if I were a
full time CFI there won't be enough work to fill the day.

Robert M. Gary
April 19th 07, 07:12 PM
On Apr 19, 10:56 am, Andrew Sarangan > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 1:01 pm, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 18, 9:15 am, fred > wrote:
>
> > > Is there a site that has flight instructors looking for a job?
> > > Fred
>
> > It seems that CFI jobs are pretty easy to get. I get ads in the mail
> > looking for CFIs, offering to fly me to Arizon, etc to work for
> > several months. Most ask for 200 dual given and 200 IFR but I'd bet
> > they would negotiate that. It seems like there are a lot of CFI's
> > looking for jobs but no one seems to stay anywhere for long so
> > openings happen often. I hear FBOs complain about the difficulty of
> > getting CFI's, most say they would be able to hold more students if
> > they had CFIs for them. Maybe when I retire I'll CFI full time.
>
> > -Robert, CFII
>
> My observation is that CFI work load falls somewhere between a full
> time job and a part time job. I am a part time CFI, and I get more
> calls from students than I can handle, but I know that if I were a
> full time CFI there won't be enough work to fill the day.

That is my experience as well as an independent CFI. However, I do not
believe that is the case for an FBO CFI who works at a busy academy.
Of course they only make about 1/5 what we make per hour.

-Robert

Google