PDA

View Full Version : Perry, SC, USA info

Ray Lovinggood
April 20th 07, 12:55 PM
I talked with my friend and fellow club member, Heinz
McArthur (HM, or 'Holy Moly' as we call him) last night
about the race at Perry. With a PRELIMINARY score
sheet out, Heinz was in FIRST PLACE for the DAY and
SECOND PLACE overall in SPORTS CLASS flying his ASW-20C.
This is Heinz' second contest ever, having flown Perry
last year as his first.

I don't know if a 'Final' score sheet has been produced
yet or not, but Heinz said he's ready for the contest
to end RIGHT NOW! :-)

Heinz attended the XC/Racing camp held at Perry last
week. Looks like the lessons learned from mentors
Doug Jacobs, Tim Welles, Dave Welles, and Sam Zimmerman
paid off handsomely.

Oh yea, he told me he beat both Doug Jacobs and Dave
Stevenson yesterday. And, of course, everybody else.

He's one happy man!

For those of you out there who think the name 'McArthur'
might ring a bell, could be because Heinz' brother,
Bill, spent six months as Commander of the International
Space Station from Oct 05 thru April of 06. Aviation
is in the blood of these two brothers.

Congratulations, Heinz! (Even if it is just a PRELIMINARY
score sheet)

Ray

John Seaborn
April 20th 07, 05:48 PM
The camp Ray mentions was the US Team Camp, one of several that have
been run the last several years around the country. The U.S. Team
sponsors several training and performance camps for pilots of all
levels from beginning cross county to more advanced competition
pilots, including special camps specifically for Junior pilots under
age 25. These camps are typically taught by US team members and
include a mix of dual training flights, group discussions, flight
analysis and one-on-one instruction. Team Camps are the single best
way to improve your soaring skills after solo no matter your
experience level. Have a look at the camp page on the US team web
site

http://www.ssa.org/UsTeam/ust_camps.htm

Team Camps are a tremendous amount of work to organize and run but
provide a great example of our team making a difference in the sport
here at home. The team is always looking for clubs and venues to co-
sponsor camps.

On Apr 20, 5:55 am, Ray Lovinggood
> wrote:
> I talked with my friend and fellow club member, Heinz
> McArthur (HM, or 'Holy Moly' as we call him) last night
> about the race at Perry. With a PRELIMINARY score
> sheet out, Heinz was in FIRST PLACE for the DAY and
> SECOND PLACE overall in SPORTS CLASS flying his ASW-20C.
> This is Heinz' second contest ever, having flown Perry
> last year as his first.
>
> I don't know if a 'Final' score sheet has been produced
> yet or not, but Heinz said he's ready for the contest
> to end RIGHT NOW! :-)
>
> Heinz attended the XC/Racing camp held at Perry last
> week. Looks like the lessons learned from mentors
> Doug Jacobs, Tim Welles, Dave Welles, and Sam Zimmerman
> paid off handsomely.
>
> Oh yea, he told me he beat both Doug Jacobs and Dave
> Stevenson yesterday. And, of course, everybody else.
>
> He's one happy man!
>
> For those of you out there who think the name 'McArthur'
> might ring a bell, could be because Heinz' brother,
> Bill, spent six months as Commander of the International
> Space Station from Oct 05 thru April of 06. Aviation
> is in the blood of these two brothers.
>
> Congratulations, Heinz! (Even if it is just a PRELIMINARY
> score sheet)
>
> Ray

Google