PDA

View Full Version : I *finally* scored a fix

Andrew Gideon
April 20th 07, 08:25 PM
I confess: It's been since December since I've last been up. I did try
one time since, but my headset broke. And I didn't think it would be this
long until my next attempt.

But work, kids, weather...all conspired to keep me ground-bound...until
today.

I'm out of every currency possible; even passenger carrying day currency.
I've never even been out of IFR currency before!

How many people reading this are in the same situation?

So I grabbed a flight instructor, and started banging off some rust.
Today was VFR; I've time planned next week for IFR rust.

It was awesome. After I was done, I was asking myself how I could
possibly have let it go so long. It's easy, I think, for the memory of an
experience to fade unnoticed. The things that bring joy into our lives
degrade into merely "nice". What's irreplaceable becomes a minor desire.

If you're like me, and have let some time pass between your last flight,
then trust me: you'll be grateful to yourself for getting back up there.

- Andrew

TheSmokingGnu
April 20th 07, 09:58 PM
Andrew Gideon wrote:
> How many people reading this are in the same situation?

Bah, I can beat that. I've been off my BFR for *checks calendar* 3 weeks
now. Good golly, Miss Molly, last flight was Sept. of '05.

Hurray for concommittal college and work. :X

TheSmokingGnu

JGalban via AviationKB.com
April 20th 07, 10:46 PM
Andrew Gideon wrote:

>I'm out of every currency possible; even passenger carrying day currency.
>I've never even been out of IFR currency before!
>
>How many people reading this are in the same situation?

I own my airplane (and pay the bills), so I'm always out of currency. :-))

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

tom418
April 21st 07, 01:01 AM
No, your airplane owns you :)
"JGalban via AviationKB.com" <u32749@uwe> wrote in message
> Andrew Gideon wrote:
> >
> >I'm out of every currency possible; even passenger carrying day currency.
> >I've never even been out of IFR currency before!
> >
> >How many people reading this are in the same situation?
> >

> I own my airplane (and pay the bills), so I'm always out of currency.
:-))

> John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)
>
> --

GDBholdings
April 21st 07, 09:34 PM
> Andrew Gideon wrote:
>
> I own my airplane (and pay the bills), so I'm always out of currency.
> :-))
>

> John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)
>
> --

LOL!

Good Lord!, so this is what I get to look forward to!!. As if a house, kids,
car payments and the occasional motorcycle racing doesn't keep me broke
enough now I want to get my pilots licence and own/fly a airplane too!!.
WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING!

Some day soon!. Now if I could only pick those six lucky numbers! hehe!.

Oh well, what was that saying? something about "once having experienced
flight.............."

Maxwell
April 21st 07, 10:24 PM
"GDBholdings" > wrote in message

> LOL!
>
> Good Lord!, so this is what I get to look forward to!!. As if a house,
> kids, car payments and the occasional motorcycle racing doesn't keep me
> broke enough now I want to get my pilots licence and own/fly a airplane
> too!!. WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING!
>
> Some day soon!. Now if I could only pick those six lucky numbers! hehe!.
>
> Oh well, what was that saying? something about "once having experienced

You shouldn't need six lucky numbers. In most states 4 or 5 can be enough
for GA. :-)

Google