PDA

View Full Version : What the wife notices

Robert M. Gary
April 23rd 07, 05:52 PM
I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
chrysanthemum, etc).

-Robert

Jim Burns[_2_]
April 23rd 07, 07:02 PM
Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
disaster at OSH.

Margy, just what color ARE those controllers shirts anyway?

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
> hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
> aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
> cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
> dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
> alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
> listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
> letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
> would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
> chrysanthemum, etc).
>

> -Robert

RST Engineering
April 23rd 07, 07:50 PM
Fuchsia (sp???)

Jim

"Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
> world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
> disaster at OSH.
>
> Margy, just what color ARE those controllers shirts anyway?
>
> Jim

Jim Burns[_2_]
April 23rd 07, 07:58 PM
You asked Gail, right? Please say yes. ;) I'm glad you can't spell it
either, it makes me feel better. :)
Jim

"RST Engineering" > wrote in message
> Fuchsia (sp???)
>
> Jim
>

> "Jim Burns" > wrote in message
> > Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
> > world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
> > disaster at OSH.
> >
> > Margy, just what color ARE those controllers shirts anyway?
> >
> > Jim

Robert M. Gary
April 23rd 07, 08:43 PM
On Apr 23, 11:02 am, "Jim Burns" > wrote:
> Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
> world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
> disaster at OSH.

My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
things, I think she has the 128 pack.
-Robert

Jim Stewart
April 23rd 07, 09:52 PM
Robert M. Gary wrote:
> On Apr 23, 11:02 am, "Jim Burns" > wrote:
>> Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
>> world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
>> disaster at OSH.
>
> My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
> things, I think she has the 128 pack.

That's more than me.

Blue layout dye
Red layout dye
Black magic marker

April 24th 07, 03:41 AM
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:52:23 -0700, Jim Stewart >
wrote:

>Robert M. Gary wrote:
>> On Apr 23, 11:02 am, "Jim Burns" > wrote:
>>> Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
>>> world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
>>> disaster at OSH.
>>
>> My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
>> things, I think she has the 128 pack.
>
>That's more than me.
>
>Blue layout dye
>Red layout dye
>Black magic marker

You forgot blood red. Or maybe you're just not as clumsy as the rest
of us...

TC

Jack Allison
April 24th 07, 06:20 AM
Jim Burns wrote:
> You asked Gail, right? Please say yes. ;) I'm glad you can't spell it
> either, it makes me feel better. :)
> Jim

The spelling thing was a cover. Jim W. knows how to spell it. I sure
don't :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Jim Burns[_2_]
April 24th 07, 12:54 PM
I've been layed out black and blue and blood red a couple times.
Jim

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:52:23 -0700, Jim Stewart >
> wrote:
>
> >Robert M. Gary wrote:
> >>
> >> My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
> >> things, I think she has the 128 pack.
> >
> >That's more than me.
> >
> >Blue layout dye
> >Red layout dye
> >Black magic marker
> >

> You forgot blood red. Or maybe you're just not as clumsy as the rest
> of us...
>
> TC

Margy Natalie
April 25th 07, 02:19 AM
Jim Burns wrote:
> Oh lord! They'd use all those crazy colors that don't exist in a man's
> world... like Mauve... Beige.... Chartreuse... Navy.... This would be a
> disaster at OSH.
>
> Margy, just what color ARE those controllers shirts anyway?

Hot Pink, or depending on the controller HOTTTTTTT pink.

:-)

Margy

Bush
April 25th 07, 02:53 AM
Whe we do drive the Wife's GMC Z-71 to Florida with a bunch of stuff
for one of our houses and we are getting low on fuel, I am careful not
to say "hey, there's a T&A"!

Have a great one!

Bush

On 23 Apr 2007 09:52:52 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" >
wrote:

>I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
>hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
>aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
>cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
>dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
>alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
>listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
>letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
>would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
>chrysanthemum, etc).
>

>-Robert

AustinMN
April 25th 07, 06:50 PM
On Apr 23, 11:52 am, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:
> I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
> hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
> aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
> cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
> dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
> alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
> listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
> letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
> would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
> chrysanthemum, etc).
>
> -Robert

Well, there are some things we could come up with to get us in real
trouble...

Arse
Breasts
Cheeks
Deriere...

"That's not a girl alphabet, that's a guy's alphabet about GIRLS!"

Austin

Jim Stewart
April 25th 07, 07:08 PM
wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:52:23 -0700, Jim Stewart >
> wrote:
>
>> Robert M. Gary wrote:
>>> My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
>>> things, I think she has the 128 pack.
>> That's more than me.
>>
>> Blue layout dye
>> Red layout dye
>> Black magic marker
>>

> You forgot blood red. Or maybe you're just not as clumsy as the rest
> of us...

You're right, I forgot blood red. And an occasional
dark brown from spilled doublebock.

Montblack
April 28th 07, 06:02 PM
("Robert M. Gary" wrote)
> My Crayon box only had 8 Crayons. I have to defer to the wife on those
> things, I think she has the 128 pack.

Plunk down "ish" at the end of each of those 8 colors and you're good up to
about 78 colors. The final 50 colors (in that 128 pack) are a mystery.

My guess is they have something to do with feelings...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors
List of Crayola crayon colors

1958. "Prussian Blue" name changed to "Midnight Blue" in response to
teachers' requests. Rumor has it that the Cold War influenced this as well.

1962. "Flesh" name voluntarily changed to "Peach", partially as a result of
the U. S. Civil Rights Movement.

1999: "Indian Red" is renamed "Chestnut" in response to educators who felt
some children wrongly perceived the crayon color was intended to represent
the skin color of Native Americans. The name originated from a reddish-brown
pigment found near India commonly used in fine artist oil paint.

Mont-BLACK

Google