PDA

View Full Version : Dreamlifter at Prestwick

Doug Maclean
April 25th 07, 10:58 PM
Posted on http://www.saap.co.uk/

Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica for
the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Luke
April 26th 07, 01:20 AM
"Doug Maclean" > wrote in message
> Posted on http://www.saap.co.uk/
>
> Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica
> for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Hey, I might get to see that thing in person soon... I start working for
Boeing Everett in 1 month. I'll make sure I take my camera and all the
pictures I can get away with while I'm there.

Luke

john smith[_2_]
April 26th 07, 01:40 AM
> > Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica
> > for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Only one?

Bob Harrington
April 26th 07, 07:32 AM

Glenn[_2_]
April 26th 07, 12:22 PM
Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?

"Doug Maclean" > wrote in message
> Posted on http://www.saap.co.uk/
>
> Carrying B787 a horizontal stabiliser manufactured by Alenia Aeronautica
> for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Shiver
April 26th 07, 05:59 PM
In article >, Glenn
> wrote:

> Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?

I keep saying..... It wouldn't take much to put in two sets of windows
and seats and make it a double decker.

Already certified, in production, proven track record.

Imagine if they beat airbus at their own game.

Guybrush Threepwood
April 26th 07, 06:12 PM
shiver wrote:
> In article >, Glenn
> > wrote:
>
>> Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?
>

> I keep saying..... It wouldn't take much to put in two sets of windows
> and seats and make it a double decker.
>
> Already certified, in production, proven track record.
>
> Imagine if they beat airbus at their own game.

....there I have some doubts on the DOCs and it is not certified to transport passengers, which is alot of work....
The transformation from B747 to dreamlifter was by EVA Air, Thaiwan.

--

Gruß Guybrush

Shiver
April 26th 07, 06:45 PM
> Guybrush Threepwood > wrote:

> ...there I have some doubts on the DOCs and it is not certified to transport
> passengers, which is alot of work....
> The transformation from B747 to dreamlifter was by EVA Air, Thaiwan.

Yuupers.... And while it's making all those long range intercontinental
trips carrying parts it will certainly be in a good position to act as
a proof of concept design for a double decker.

Jack G[_2_]
April 26th 07, 08:13 PM
Boeing does not want to beat Airbus at their own game - which is hub to hub.
Airlines and passengers want point to point - which is why the 787 is a
sellout and the A380 is loosing orders...

The Dream lifter is strictly a freighter for oversize parts. No commonality
with the full double decker 747 that is ready and waiting if the market
demands it, or so I've heard...

Jack G.
Everett WA

"shiver" > wrote in message
> In article >, Glenn
> > wrote:
>
>> Is this like Boeings attempt at an A380 ?
>

> I keep saying..... It wouldn't take much to put in two sets of windows
> and seats and make it a double decker.
>
> Already certified, in production, proven track record.
>
> Imagine if they beat airbus at their own game.

Shiver
April 26th 07, 08:29 PM
So curious question to the group.

Fully kitted out... which has the longer range.

The Airbus 380 or a 747.

Jack G[_2_]
April 26th 07, 08:39 PM
see:

http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/A380Buescher.pdf

http://larsholst.info/blog/2005/01/20/airbus-a380-vs-boeing-747/

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2006/02/17/205137/boeings-747-8-vs-a380-a-titanic-tussle.html

There are more - Google is your friend...

Jack G.

"shiver" > wrote in message
> So curious question to the group.
>
> Fully kitted out... which has the longer range.
>
> The Airbus 380 or a 747.

Shiver
April 26th 07, 08:50 PM
> http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/A380Buescher.pdf
>
> http://larsholst.info/blog/2005/01/20/airbus-a380-vs-boeing-747/
>

> http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2006/02/17/205137/boeings-747-8-vs-a380-a-
> titanic-tussle.html
>
> There are more - Google is your friend...

Ahhhhh my good friend Google.

Thanks for the links.... interesting reading.

Google