PDA

View Full Version : Re: Archer III Is Ready for South Africa

NW_Pilot
April 26th 07, 06:14 AM
Photo of me at the destination in South Africa, Bad lighting on the photo
but She all deliverd!!!! And I am Back Home :-)

http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/ferryflights/N4180D.jpg

Larry Dighera
April 26th 07, 09:23 AM
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:14:39 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
> wrote in
>:

>Photo of me at the destination in South Africa, Bad lighting on the photo
>but She all deliverd!!!! And I am Back Home :-)
>
>http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/ferryflights/N4180D.jpg

That's it? One poor photograph? No blow by blow uploaded nightly? No
saga of gory details of crossing the Atlantic, negotiating the
gauntlet of Customs and Immigration through a dozen countries? Come
on, man. Take a few minutes to write a few paragraphs about your
adventures of ferrying aircraft around the world for us folks at home.
:-)

Welcome back. I was beginning to worry.

NW_Pilot
April 26th 07, 01:49 PM
"Larry Dighera" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:14:39 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
> > wrote in
> >:
>
>>Photo of me at the destination in South Africa, Bad lighting on the photo
>>but She all deliverd!!!! And I am Back Home :-)
>>
>>http://www.aircraftdelivery.net/ferryflights/N4180D.jpg
>>

> That's it? One poor photograph? No blow by blow uploaded nightly? No
> saga of gory details of crossing the Atlantic, negotiating the
> gauntlet of Customs and Immigration through a dozen countries? Come
> on, man. Take a few minutes to write a few paragraphs about your
> adventures of ferrying aircraft around the world for us folks at home.
> :-)
>
> Welcome back. I was beginning to worry.

Yea, I got stories been home not just over 24 hours from a 40+ hour airline
flight home Resting a Bit!!! Total flight to South Africa was just over 90
hours. North and West Africa is very very corrupt and we that fly Avgas
burning airplanes here have it good!!!!! In Africa you can order your fuel
in advance. Yes, it will be there but everyone will try and get in your
pocket just to tell you it's location on/off the airport! Even if you have a
ground handler it's still hard and It's almost impossible to locate with out
a ground handler. Be ready to buy 200 Liters At A Time!!! Be Hit for $3.00
U.S. a Liter.

Will try and write up something when I get a chance but may be a while
planning/prepping for a flight of a Brand New 206H from Cessna Factory to
India. And need to do some preventive maintenance on my plane and fly it a
bit.

Google