PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about Radio comms / opening flight plans

April 26th 07, 03:45 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
on 122.1, or the other way around?

I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
vs the other?

Tom

Jose
April 26th 07, 04:40 PM
> I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
> open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
> VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
> what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
> on 122.1, or the other way around?

You send, they recieve, on the frequency marked "R". They send, and you
receive, on the VOR frequency associated with the information box. So,
don't forget to set your audio panel to hear your nav, and turn the nav
volume up. :)

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.

ArtP
April 26th 07, 05:02 PM
On 26 Apr 2007 07:45:35 -0700, wrote:

Since you will be receiving on the VOR, the only thing you can do with
the radio is send.

Robert M. Gary
April 26th 07, 09:50 PM
On Apr 26, 7:45 am, wrote:
> I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
> open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
> VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
> what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
> on 122.1, or the other way around?
>
> I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
> vs the other?
>
> Tom

You can try both ways but I suspect you'll find the answer obvious
once you try;)

-Robert, CFII

M[_1_]
April 26th 07, 09:55 PM
Other posts have answered question regarding 122.1R. However if 122.4
is also printed above the VOR box, you can use that frequency to talk
to FSS, both send and receive. It means that freq is co-located with
the VOR.

On Apr 26, 7:45 am, wrote:
> I'm embarrassed to say that I have forgotten something. When I want to
> open my flight plan, and I look at the frequencies printed above the
> VOR, it says 122.1R 122.4. Does the 'R' refer to what I need to do or
> what the Radio operator does? That is, do I send on 122.4 and receive
> on 122.1, or the other way around?
>
> I know I can also try 122.2. Under what circumstances do you use one
> vs the other?
>
> Tom

Google