PDA

View Full Version : Cordele, Georgia, Report Thursday 17 May 07

Ray Lovinggood
May 17th 07, 11:03 PM
No Contest today. The weather just didn't cooperate.
The weatherman/sniffer Ray Galloway launched and didn't
like what he saw. They then launched Sam Giltner,
who was first on the grid for Sports Class, and he
concurred with Ray. Considering we've had three fine
soaring days and weather looking good for Friday and
Saturday, the CD, along with his advisors, cancelled
today's tasks.

About five of us launched, seeking out the elusive
Cordele Wave. Yea, they've had it, or something like
wave before. Henry Retting and Don Wasness and Mike
Smith think they found a little wave and got, I think,
to 5,500' msl.

We're all hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina USA

May 17th 07, 11:56 PM
I wish someone at the Cordele contest would post a scoresheet, or at
least a contestant list.

Guy Byars

On May 17, 6:03 pm, Ray Lovinggood
> wrote:
> No Contest today. The weather just didn't cooperate.
> The weatherman/sniffer Ray Galloway launched and didn't
> like what he saw. They then launched Sam Giltner,
> who was first on the grid for Sports Class, and he
> concurred with Ray. Considering we've had three fine
> soaring days and weather looking good for Friday and
> Saturday, the CD, along with his advisors, cancelled
> today's tasks.
>
> About five of us launched, seeking out the elusive
> Cordele Wave. Yea, they've had it, or something like
> wave before. Henry Retting and Don Wasness and Mike
> Smith think they found a little wave and got, I think,
> to 5,500' msl.
>
> We're all hoping for better weather tomorrow.
>
> Ray Lovinggood
> Carrboro, North Carolina USA

Ray Lovinggood
May 18th 07, 01:59 AM
Yes, me too.

Ray

At 23:00 17 May 2007, wrote:
>I wish someone at the Cordele contest would post a
>scoresheet, or at
>least a contestant list.
>
>Guy Byars
>

>On May 17, 6:03 pm, Ray Lovinggood
> wrote:
>> No Contest today. The weather just didn't cooperate.
>> The weatherman/sniffer Ray Galloway launched and
>>didn't
>> like what he saw. They then launched Sam Giltner,
>> who was first on the grid for Sports Class, and he
>> concurred with Ray. Considering we've had three fine
>> soaring days and weather looking good for Friday and
>> Saturday, the CD, along with his advisors, cancelled
>> today's tasks.
>>
>> About five of us launched, seeking out the elusive
>> Cordele Wave. Yea, they've had it, or something like
>> wave before. Henry Retting and Don Wasness and Mike
>> Smith think they found a little wave and got, I think,
>> to 5,500' msl.
>>
>> We're all hoping for better weather tomorrow.
>>
>> Ray Lovinggood
>> Carrboro, North Carolina USA

Google