PDA

View Full Version : Copyright logo

Pjmac35
May 19th 07, 02:46 PM
Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos submitted
to a.b.p.a.?

Regards

PJM

Luke
May 19th 07, 05:11 PM
"Pjmac35" > wrote in message
> Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos submitted to
> a.b.p.a.?

Almost any basic photo editing software will do this. Even the
free-ware ones will do it.

Luke

Alf Blume
May 20th 07, 05:50 PM
"Luke" > skrev i en meddelelse

> "Pjmac35" > wrote in message
>> Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos submitted to
>> a.b.p.a.?
>

> Almost any basic photo editing software will do this. Even the
> free-ware ones will do it.

search for "copyright left" - thats what I use . . .

Ray O'Hara[_2_]
May 21st 07, 04:34 PM
"Pjmac35" > wrote in message
> Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos submitted
> to a.b.p.a.?
>
> Regards
>
> PJM

first you need to get the copyright.

Maple1
May 21st 07, 05:56 PM
As soon as you press the shutter you own copyright to the photo.

> first you need to get the copyright.

Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]
May 21st 07, 09:02 PM
Ray O'Hara wrote:
> "Pjmac35" > wrote in message
>
>>Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos submitted
>>to a.b.p.a.?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>PJM
>>

> first you need to get the copyright.

Not so.

Anyone can claim copyright to their original work. Formally applying
for a copyright simplifies proving it though.

JT

HEMI-Powered[_2_]
May 22nd 07, 12:07 PM
Today, when Grumpy AuContraire uttered these immortal words,
such was the importance of this profound pronouncement, that is
is being saved for future reference

>>>Is there an easy way of attaching a copyright logo to photos
>>>submitted to a.b.p.a.?
>>>
>> first you need to get the copyright.
>
> Not so.
>
> Anyone can claim copyright to their original work. Formally
> applying for a copyright simplifies proving it though.
>
> JT
One can apply for a copyright for a single expression of an idea,
i.e., a single photo, or for a grouping or compendium of ideas,
such as a library or CD of photos, but some sort of formal
applicatioon for a copyright is required to prevail in court
against an alleged infringer, one from whom you hope to get a
damage judgement from, or get a restraining order to prevent furhte
distribution of copyrights that have been proven to be owned by
another and violated by the defendend.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Google