PDA

View Full Version : Getting SUA from DAFIF files

Tuno
May 24th 07, 01:12 AM
If anyone can point me to resources on the following SUA topics I
would be most gr8ful:

1) DAFIF file format, specifically, descriptions of the fields (and
their relationships) in the BDRY.TXT, BDRY_PAR.TXT, SUAS.TXT, and
SUAS_PAR.TXT files. (These are the four files used by Carl Ekdahl's
"airspace" program.)

2) Any description of how the above files are used to create SUA
files. (Besides what comes with Carl's software.)

3) The SUA format that is the output of Carl's program. Specifically,
the syntax that is processed by GNII to instantiate airspace.

10q/tuno

Tuno
May 25th 07, 08:15 AM
Thanks Tim. I've followed the format on that web page to the best of
my ability, but my modest home-made SUA file is making my GNII very
unhappy!

Paul Remde
May 25th 07, 12:50 PM
Hi Tim,

You can export SUA files that work great with GN II in about 2 minutes using
StrePla. I'd be glad to make you one. What area do you want it to cover?
Or you can download the demo version of StrePla and do it yourself. I use
it often for that function.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Tuno" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks Tim. I've followed the format on that web page to the best of
> my ability, but my modest home-made SUA file is making my GNII very
> unhappy!

Tuno
May 25th 07, 04:09 PM
Thanks Paul, but where does Strepla get its data? I want the current
USFIF to be the source.

I've pretty much finished writing a tool to do what I want, and the
results look great when loaded in SeeYou, but something about it makes
GNII unhappy. I've sent the file to the Powers that Be to see if they
can figger it out ...

-ted/2NO

Google