PDA

View Full Version : Size of Auto Sparkplugs.

Gig 601XL Builder
June 14th 07, 10:55 PM
Are standard car sparkplugs 12mm.

Asking so it get the right kind of CHT probes.

quietguy
June 14th 07, 11:05 PM
12mm is one popular thread size for ground vehicles; others are 10mm
and 14mm.

jerry wass
June 15th 07, 01:01 AM
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
> Are standard car sparkplugs 12mm.
>
> Asking so it get the right kind of CHT probes.

The MOST common sparkplugs are 14mm---that's probably the only other
size of t/couple you'll find (Old cars & airplanes are 18mm) the
Franklins used 14mm plugs,

Dave S
June 15th 07, 03:29 AM
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
> Are standard car sparkplugs 12mm.
>
> Asking so it get the right kind of CHT probes.

Just take an old plug and measure it.. or go to the auto parts store
with a ruler and check one at the counter.

Dave

Gig 601XL Builder
June 15th 07, 02:28 PM
Dave S wrote:
> Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
>> Are standard car sparkplugs 12mm.
>>
>> Asking so it get the right kind of CHT probes.
>>

> Just take an old plug and measure it.. or go to the auto parts store
> with a ruler and check one at the counter.
>
> Dave

That's what I'm going to have to do since I don't have the engine yet.

RapidRonnie
June 17th 07, 06:06 AM
On Jun 15, 8:28 am, "Gig 601XL Builder" <wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net>
wrote:
> Dave S wrote:
> > Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
> >> Are standard car sparkplugs 12mm.
>
> >> Asking so it get the right kind of CHT probes.

Cars may have 10, 12, 14 or 18mm. Very old cars may have US threads.

Google