PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a tool

Lou
June 17th 07, 01:02 AM
A short time ago someone had posted a link to a tool that
could hold a screw so you could drill a hole for cotter pins.
I thought I had bookmarked it but just can't seem to find it.
Could anyone help?
Lou

Drew Dalgleish
June 17th 07, 02:47 AM
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:02:55 -0700, Lou > wrote:

>A short time ago someone had posted a link to a tool that
>could hold a screw so you could drill a hole for cotter pins.
>I thought I had bookmarked it but just can't seem to find it.
>Could anyone help?
> Lou

Assuming that you mean bolt instead of screw. I just run a nut onto
the bolt and drill through both.

Dan[_2_]
June 17th 07, 03:49 AM
Drew Dalgleish wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:02:55 -0700, Lou > wrote:
>
>> A short time ago someone had posted a link to a tool that
>> could hold a screw so you could drill a hole for cotter pins.
>> I thought I had bookmarked it but just can't seem to find it.
>> Could anyone help?
>> Lou
>>
> Assuming that you mean bolt instead of screw. I just run a nut onto
> the bolt and drill through both.

If you insist on spending money Aircraft Spruce sells them.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Lou
June 17th 07, 12:30 PM
I've looked at A/S and its not the one I'm looking for.
Yes, I could drill a hole in a nut, and I'll probebly end
up doing that, but the one I'm looking for has threaded
holes for different sizes and predrilled holes.
Lou

Dan[_2_]
June 17th 07, 01:04 PM
Lou wrote:
> I've looked at A/S and its not the one I'm looking for.
> Yes, I could drill a hole in a nut, and I'll probebly end
> up doing that, but the one I'm looking for has threaded
> holes for different sizes and predrilled holes.
> Lou

Try this; take a brass bar, drill appropriate clearance holes, solder
an assortment of nuts over the holes such that the flats are parallel to
one edge of the bar, then drill holes in each nut. Viola, you have a
drilling fixture. When you want to drill a bolt screw it in to the
correct nut and make with a drill and, cello, you have a hole where you
want it.

If just want to drill a few holes just drill holes through the bar
such that the bolts just fit in, the technical term is "a tad snug" and
drill guide holes through the bar. Stuff a boll into a hole, drill and,
violin, you have it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

JP[_1_]
June 17th 07, 01:09 PM
"Lou" > wrote in
groups.com...
> I've looked at A/S and its not the one I'm looking for.
> Yes, I could drill a hole in a nut, and I'll probebly end
> up doing that, but the one I'm looking for has threaded
> holes for different sizes and predrilled holes.
> Lou

You're probably looking for this:

http://www.aircraft-tool.com/pdf/catalogs/ECat2006.pdf

page 75 - AERO SafTblock

JP

Michelle P
June 17th 07, 05:27 PM
Lou wrote:
> A short time ago someone had posted a link to a tool that
> could hold a screw so you could drill a hole for cotter pins.
> I thought I had bookmarked it but just can't seem to find it.
> Could anyone help?
> Lou

V-block.

JP[_1_]
June 17th 07, 06:09 PM
> "Lou" > wrote in
> groups.com...
>> I've looked at A/S and its not the one I'm looking for.
>> Yes, I could drill a hole in a nut, and I'll probebly end
>> up doing that, but the one I'm looking for has threaded
>> holes for different sizes and predrilled holes.
>> Lou
>

> You're probably looking for this:
>
> http://www.aircraft-tool.com/pdf/catalogs/ECat2006.pdf
>
> page 75 - AERO SafTblock