PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it?

Dan Luke
June 19th 07, 11:21 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Dan Luke
June 19th 07, 11:23 PM
Not Timothy...

"leery"

Peter R.
June 20th 07, 12:50 AM
On 6/19/2007 6:21:44 PM, "Dan Luke" wrote:

> Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

I am a sucker for the words, "a slight increase in engine performance..." so
yes, I would. :)

In the hands of a competent mechanic I don't see the task of changing engine
timing as being risky, but then again I could be a fool.

--
Peter

Matt Barrow[_4_]
June 20th 07, 02:13 PM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot
>
> As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.
>
> Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

Is the engine still under warranty?

Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?

El Maximo
June 20th 07, 03:06 PM
"Matt Barrow" > wrote in message

> "Dan Luke" > wrote in message
>> http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot
>>
>> As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.
>>
>> Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?
>>
> Is the engine still under warranty?
>
> Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?

The link points to a Lycoming Service Instruction pdf.

Matt Barrow[_4_]
June 20th 07, 06:01 PM
"El Maximo" > wrote in message
> "Matt Barrow" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dan Luke" > wrote in message
>>> http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot
>>>
>>> As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.
>>>
>>> Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?
>>>
>> Is the engine still under warranty?
>>
>> Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?
>>

> The link points to a Lycoming Service Instruction pdf.

Missed that in all the blue text.

Thanks

Blueskies
June 21st 07, 12:48 AM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message ...
> http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot
>
> As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.
>
> Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?
>
> --
> Dan
> T-182T at BFM

Yes...did you check the data plate, maybe already done?

Dan Luke
June 21st 07, 02:02 AM
"Blueskies" wrote:

> Yes...did you check the data plate, maybe already done?

Nope. Will do Saturday.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM