PDA

View Full Version : Thorp T-18 crash at Paine Field

C J Campbell[_1_]
June 27th 07, 06:27 AM
About 3:00 this afternoon. Apparently he had some sort of problem with
the plane after taking off, so he turned around, but he overshot the
field and hit a fence and flipped over. The pilot was taken to
Harborview Medical Center with what were described as non-life
threatening injuries.

Photos of the scene show what appears to be a nicely built Thorp. Some
witnesses reported that there was a fire but the video does not show
anything like fire damage. People who were at Paine Field said the
pilot did not touch down until almost the very end of the runway.

No word on whether he has been released from the hospital. Tail number
was N3715 -- if any of you know him and he is still at Harborview he
might appreciate a visit from some of his buddies.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Al G[_2_]
June 27th 07, 06:44 PM
"C J Campbell" > wrote in message
> About 3:00 this afternoon. Apparently he had some sort of problem with the
> plane after taking off, so he turned around, but he overshot the field and
> hit a fence and flipped over. The pilot was taken to Harborview Medical
> Center with what were described as non-life threatening injuries.
>
> Photos of the scene show what appears to be a nicely built Thorp. Some
> witnesses reported that there was a fire but the video does not show
> anything like fire damage. People who were at Paine Field said the pilot
> did not touch down until almost the very end of the runway.
>
> No word on whether he has been released from the hospital. Tail number was
> N3715 -- if any of you know him and he is still at Harborview he might
> appreciate a visit from some of his buddies.
> --
> Waddling Eagle
> World Famous Flight Instructor

N3715,
HAMMER ROBERT H,
1969,THORP,T-18,
LYCOMING,0-290 SERIES,
KIRKLAND,WA,

Tri-Pacer
June 27th 07, 07:25 PM

> No word on whether he has been released from the hospital. Tail number was
> N3715 -- if any of you know him and he is still at Harborview he might
> appreciate a visit from some of his buddies.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner Bob Hammer is one of the driving forces
behind the ME-262 project at Paine Field.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Ron Wanttaja
June 28th 07, 03:49 AM
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:25:43 -0700, "Tri-Pacer" > wrote:

>> No word on whether he has been released from the hospital. Tail number was
>> N3715 -- if any of you know him and he is still at Harborview he might
>> appreciate a visit from some of his buddies.
>
>If I'm not mistaken, the owner Bob Hammer is one of the driving forces
>behind the ME-262 project at Paine Field.

He is *the* driving force...head of the operation. He's also built a Grand
Champion homebuilt, a Thurston Seafire, and his own jet (~25 years ago). Member
and past president of Seattle EAA 26.

Don't know if it was Bob flying the T-18; footage on TV of the pilot on a
stretcher didn't show enough. But the paper said the pilot was taken to the
hospital and released.

Ron Wanttaja

Robert Murray
June 28th 07, 04:48 AM
wrote:

> >> No word on whether he has been released from the hospital. Tail number
was
> >> N3715 -- if any of you know him and he is still at Harborview he might
> >> appreciate a visit from some of his buddies.
> >
> >If I'm not mistaken, the owner Bob Hammer is one of the driving forces
> >behind the ME-262 project at Paine Field.
>
> He is *the* driving force...head of the operation. He's also built a
Grand
> Champion homebuilt, a Thurston Seafire, and his own jet (~25 years ago).
Member
> and past president of Seattle EAA 26.
>
> Don't know if it was Bob flying the T-18; footage on TV of the pilot on a
> stretcher didn't show enough. But the paper said the pilot was taken to
the
> hospital and released.
>
> Ron Wanttaja

Bob is OK!