PDA

View Full Version : Dry Lake Landout

Hal[_2_]
July 9th 07, 02:40 PM
Local news reported in Reno/Tahoe area. Anyone know who was involved?

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070708/NEWS18/70708023&oaso=news.rgj.com/breakingnews

Stewart Kissel
July 9th 07, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to hear the rest of this story....

My first phone call after a landout is to 911....

'911, is this an emergency?'

'No mam, just to let you know a few calls may come
in, I have landed a glider in field, this is my location,
no ambulance, fire truck, police or sheriff are required,
no one is injured and there is no 'crash'. I am a
licensed and insured pilot and my retrieve crew will
come and get me. This is my cell number if you would
like to reach me.

'Thank you very much for the call, if I receive any
calls in regards to an airplane crash at your location...I
know who it is'

Google