PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Cirrus toy

Kingfish
July 12th 07, 01:30 PM
http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7

With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?

John T[_1_]
July 12th 07, 03:58 PM
I wish I could see the face of the cirrus pilot without RC experience
who buys one of these things when he dorks it in on takeoff.

Kingfish wrote:
> http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7
>
> With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?

July 12th 07, 04:14 PM
On Jul 12, 8:58 am, John T > wrote:
> I wish I could see the face of the cirrus pilot without RC experience
> who buys one of these things when he dorks it in on takeoff.
>

> Kingfish wrote:
> >http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7
>
> > With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?- Hide quoted text -

Yep, RC flying is a whole other ballgame. I made the mistake of
letting my father fly one of my RC planes back when I was in high
school. He had his PPL and thought he could fly it. I told him to
stay high and fly easy circles. Then he decided he was going to be
macho and land it. He wouldn't give me back the controls, set up the
approach, and promptly stalled it on short final and buried the nose
in the grass. He paid for a replacement kit, but I had to put in the
hours building it again... :-(

Big John
July 12th 07, 04:22 PM
Amen

I had to unlearn thousands of hours to learn to fly R/C.

Big John

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:58:40 -0500, John T > wrote:

>I wish I could see the face of the cirrus pilot without RC experience
>who buys one of these things when he dorks it in on takeoff.
>
>Kingfish wrote:
>> http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7
>>
>> With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ
July 12th 07, 04:24 PM
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:30:08 -0700, Kingfish > wrote in
om>:

>http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7

>With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?

Some folks have played around with chutes for RC
aircraft.

Lots of military UAVs use parachutes for recovery:

http://www.milnet.com/pentagon/uavs/uavtab3.htm

http://www.paratech-parachutes.com/ParachuteSystems/UnmannedAerialVehicles.html

I can't find any suppliers for ballistic recovery
systems for RC sport flying, but I may just be
looking in all the wrong places.

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

xyzzy
July 12th 07, 05:33 PM
On Jul 12, 8:30 am, Kingfish > wrote:
> http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7
>
> With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?

A Cirrus for six hundred bucks. Sweet :)

Dan Luke[_2_]
July 12th 07, 06:45 PM
"xyzzy" wrote:

>> With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?
>
> A Cirrus for six hundred bucks. Sweet :)

Does that include a saddle?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Dallas
July 12th 07, 07:31 PM
"Kingfish" > wrote in message
> http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7

I wonder if it's been spin tested?

:-)

Dallas

Ron Wanttaja
July 13th 07, 12:25 AM
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:33:54 -0000, xyzzy > wrote:

>On Jul 12, 8:30 am, Kingfish > wrote:
>> http://www.cirrusconnection.com/customer/home.php?cat=7
>>
>> With a 7ft+ span, does it have a recovery chute too?
>
>A Cirrus for six hundred bucks. Sweet :)

Hey-el, here's a Fly Baby for fifty:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/rc.html

Ron Wanttaja

Google