PDA

View Full Version : r6o-1.jpg

Troy24
July 14th 07, 06:25 PM

Tom Inglima
July 15th 07, 05:07 AM
During the late 1950's and early 1960's two of these Lockheed Constitutions
were parked at Sebring Airport in South Central Florida. I believe there
were only three built. I believe the Navy actually operated them pretty
heavy for a number of years although they were apparently underpowered.

The last time I ever saw them they were looking pretty sad. don't know what
eventually happened to them. Wonder if anyone out there knows or has the
story of their fate.

Tom Inglima
"Troy24" > wrote in message

Ron Monroe
July 15th 07, 06:35 AM
Two were built. One ended up in Las Vegas as a gas sign. One of them, I
think the Las Vegas bird, burned, the other was scrapped. The Las Vegas bird
is shown here. Based on the Ford pickup, it would be in the mid-late 60's.
"A" on the tail stood for Alamo. At one time, Alamo was painted across the
fuselage in large black letters.

"Tom Inglima" > wrote in message
> During the late 1950's and early 1960's two of these Lockheed
> Constitutions
> were parked at Sebring Airport in South Central Florida. I believe there
> were only three built. I believe the Navy actually operated them pretty
> heavy for a number of years although they were apparently underpowered.
>
> The last time I ever saw them they were looking pretty sad. don't know
> what
> eventually happened to them. Wonder if anyone out there knows or has the
> story of their fate.
>
> Tom Inglima
> "Troy24" > wrote in message

Google