PDA

View Full Version : Ping John Galban

Newps
July 16th 07, 08:12 PM
Flew to Choteau today to bring a 182 to a friend fighting the fires west
of Augusta. Really smoky from about 100 miles south of Great Falls all
the way to Choteau. I was at 12.5 and the vsby was only about 25-30,
descending west of Great Falls it picked up to 30+. One of the
firefighting choppers crashed while we were there, here's a link for that.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/NEWS01/70716017

flynrider via AviationKB.com
July 17th 07, 11:38 PM
Newps wrote:
>Flew to Choteau today to bring a 182 to a friend fighting the fires west
>of Augusta. Really smoky from about 100 miles south of Great Falls all
>the way to Choteau. I was at 12.5 and the vsby was only about 25-30,
>descending west of Great Falls it picked up to 30+. One of the
>firefighting choppers crashed while we were there, here's a link for that.
>
>http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070716/NEWS01/70716017

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a lot of smoke. I'll bet the
canyons in the Bob Marshall are not looking so good. I'll probably make it
to Beck's at Helena on Friday night and see how it goes from there.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Google