PDA

View Full Version : What is...

john smith
July 17th 07, 04:44 PM
Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
downtown Chicago.
What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time period
on that location,

Jim Burns[_2_]
July 17th 07, 05:02 PM
Daley's over inflated ego.
Jim

"john smith" > wrote in message
> Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
> view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
> downtown Chicago.
> What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time period
> on that location,

Gig 601XL Builder
July 17th 07, 05:06 PM
john smith wrote:
> Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
> view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
> downtown Chicago.
> What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time
> period on that location,

Is it the NFL Stadium TFR? It centers over downtown I beleive.

July 17th 07, 05:25 PM
john smith > wrote:
> Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
> view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
> downtown Chicago.
> What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time period
> on that location,

In Golden Eagle, select Map: Router Mode which selects the cursor
used to select things and move the cursor over it.

A window pops up with text for the TFR.

In this case it is FDC 3/1862, the "blanket" NOTAM about public events.

It is up to you to determine if there is a current event.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

john smith
July 17th 07, 06:26 PM
> john smith > wrote:
>> Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
>> view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
>> downtown Chicago.
>> What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time period
>> on that location,

> wrote:
> In Golden Eagle, select Map: Router Mode which selects the cursor
> used to select things and move the cursor over it.
>
> A window pops up with text for the TFR.
> In this case it is FDC 3/1862, the "blanket" NOTAM about public events.
> It is up to you to determine if there is a current event.

Thanks Jim.

July 18th 07, 07:53 PM
On Jul 17, 10:06 am, "Gig 601XL Builder"
<wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net> wrote:
> john smith wrote:
> > Using the Golden Eagle software to plan my route to OSH, the VFR Chart
> > view depicts a red circle with hash marks inside the circle around
> > downtown Chicago.
> > What is this? I can find no information about a TFR for this time
> > period on that location,
>
> Is it the NFL Stadium TFR? It centers over downtown I beleive.

Yes, it is the Stadium TFR

Google