PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Bound Poster Artwork Uploaded

RST Engineering
July 18th 07, 10:50 PM
Cut that one a little close, we did we did.

The Oshkosh Bound artwork for printing your own "Oshkosh Bound 2007" posters
is up at www.rstengineering.com and then a link from the bottom of that
page.

Also posted is the updated graphic showing the Ripon-Fisk-Oshkosh
transition. Please don't use this information in lieu of the official notam
available from www.eaa.org.

Departing tomorrow morning at 0600 local hoping to make Evenston WY, then
York NB, then to Iowa City by midafternoon Saturday. See y'all at Jay's
place or Paul & Tom's place, your choice.

Jim

--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,

Jay Honeck
July 19th 07, 03:52 PM
> Cut that one a little close, we did we did.

Boy, I'll say!

> Also posted is the updated graphic showing the Ripon-Fisk-Oshkosh
> transition. Please don't use this information in lieu of the official notam
> available fromwww.eaa.org.

This, IMHO, is the truly valuable part. We use this every year, and
it's a great help to have all the frequencies in one place, in an easy-
to-read format.

We'll have these printed at the hotel, for anyone who wants them.

> Departing tomorrow morning at 0600 local hoping to make Evenston WY, then
> York NB, then to Iowa City by midafternoon Saturday. See y'all at Jay's

See ya soon, Jim!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dave Butler
July 19th 07, 03:55 PM
Hey, Jim,

Just want to let you know that these are appreciated, as I am sure there
are lots of folks who will use these. I use 'em every year but I don't
always take the time to say thanks. Thanks!

Dave

RST Engineering wrote:
> Cut that one a little close, we did we did.
>
> The Oshkosh Bound artwork for printing your own "Oshkosh Bound 2007" posters
> is up at www.rstengineering.com and then a link from the bottom of that
> page.
>
> Also posted is the updated graphic showing the Ripon-Fisk-Oshkosh
> transition. Please don't use this information in lieu of the official notam
> available from www.eaa.org.
>
> Departing tomorrow morning at 0600 local hoping to make Evenston WY, then
> York NB, then to Iowa City by midafternoon Saturday. See y'all at Jay's
> place or Paul & Tom's place, your choice.
>
> Jim

bdl
July 19th 07, 04:01 PM
On Jul 18, 4:50 pm, "RST Engineering" > wrote:

> Departing tomorrow morning at 0600 local hoping to make Evenston WY, then
> York NB, then to Iowa City by midafternoon Saturday. See y'all at Jay's
> place or Paul & Tom's place, your choice.

You've probably already left, and hence won't get this, but what is:

RAP/RAH Monitor = 123.5

Brian
N9093K

Jim Burns[_2_]
July 19th 07, 04:27 PM
I think it's the "Hey, where's the party?" frequency.
JimB

"bdl" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 18, 4:50 pm, "RST Engineering" > wrote:
>
> > Departing tomorrow morning at 0600 local hoping to make Evenston WY,
then
> > York NB, then to Iowa City by midafternoon Saturday. See y'all at Jay's
> > place or Paul & Tom's place, your choice.
>
> You've probably already left, and hence won't get this, but what is:
>
> RAP/RAH Monitor = 123.5
>
> Brian
> N9093K

Morgans[_2_]
July 19th 07, 10:16 PM
"bdl" > wrote

> You've probably already left, and hence won't get this, but what is:
>
> RAP/RAH Monitor = 123.5

Aviation band; use to make contact with others of the these groups, while on
the grounds at OSH.

It is to be used sparingly, and shortly, because officially, it is a
questionable practice.

But really, who the heck cares? <g>
--
Jim in NC

bdl
July 20th 07, 05:45 PM
On Jul 19, 4:16 pm, "Morgans" > wrote:

> > You've probably already left, and hence won't get this, but what is:
>
> > RAP/RAH Monitor = 123.5
>
> Aviation band; use to make contact with others of the these groups, while on
> the grounds at OSH.
>
> It is to be used sparingly, and shortly, because officially, it is a
> questionable practice.
>
> But really, who the heck cares? <g>

Aha! I suspected as much. I scoured the NOTAM just to make sure ;-)

I'll have my handheld so I'll be sure to monitor that freq ;-)

Brian
N9093k

Darrel Toepfer
July 31st 07, 03:15 AM
bdl > wrote:
> On Jul 19, 4:16 pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
>
>> > You've probably already left, and hence won't get this, but what
>> > is:
>>
>> > RAP/RAH Monitor = 123.5
>>
>> Aviation band; use to make contact with others of the these groups,
>> while on the grounds at OSH.
>>
>> It is to be used sparingly, and shortly, because officially, it is a
>> questionable practice.
>>
>> But really, who the heck cares? <g>
>
> Aha! I suspected as much. I scoured the NOTAM just to make sure ;-)
>
> I'll have my handheld so I'll be sure to monitor that freq ;-)

Jim and I made contact on it, never heard any other traffic the 2 days I
monitored it...

Google