PDA

View Full Version : New use for a Pilot Certificate

El Maximo
July 21st 07, 12:43 PM
I took a trip with my family and went to a website to find a hotel. Of
course I chose the lowest rate. When I finished the confirmation process, I
saw that I had requested the Government rate. The difference was over $100
per night ($148 vs $269 per night)

OOPS!

Spoke with my younger brother, who does a fair amount of Government travel,
and he said he's never been asked for an ID.

When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.

kontiki
July 21st 07, 08:07 PM
El Maximo wrote:

> When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
> ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
> ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.

I'll report this activity to Hillary Clinton. We'll put a stop to it.
hehe

Don Tuite
July 21st 07, 09:11 PM
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:07:58 GMT, kontiki >
wrote:

>El Maximo wrote:
>>
>> When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
>> ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
>> ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.
>>

>I'll report this activity to Hillary Clinton. We'll put a stop to it.
>hehe

So the government is allowed to negotiate hotel rates, but not
prescription drug prices? She might care about that.

Don

kontiki
July 21st 07, 09:27 PM
Don Tuite wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:07:58 GMT, kontiki >
> wrote:
>

>>El Maximo wrote:
>>
>>>When I checked in, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and government
>>>ID. I handed her my pilot certificate. I just got one of those new plastic
>>>ones. She glanced at it and put it aside, to complete the check-in process.
>>>

>>I'll report this activity to Hillary Clinton. We'll put a stop to it.
>>hehe
>

> So the government is allowed to negotiate hotel rates, but not
> prescription drug prices? She might care about that.

"allowed'? sheesh... yes. The 'government' negotiates a lot of things.
So do businesses and even private individuals if it involves large
numbers of employees or sums of money and they wish to try and work
out a deal. It's called doing business in America.

Don Tuite
July 21st 07, 10:55 PM
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:27:45 GMT, kontiki >
wrote:

>Don Tuite wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:07:58 GMT, kontiki >
>> wrote:

>>>I'll report this activity to Hillary Clinton. We'll put a stop to it.
>>>hehe
>>

>> So the government is allowed to negotiate hotel rates, but not
>> prescription drug prices? She might care about that.
>>

>"allowed'? sheesh... yes. The 'government' negotiates a lot of things.
>So do businesses and even private individuals if it involves large
>numbers of employees or sums of money and they wish to try and work
>out a deal. It's called doing business in America.

But it is against the law for medicare to negotiate drug prices with
pharmaceutical companies.

Don

kontiki
July 22nd 07, 11:34 AM
Don Tuite wrote:

> But it is against the law for medicare to negotiate drug prices with
> pharmaceutical companies.

Whatever... its just another reason why government should not be
in the "health care" business.

Google