PDA

View Full Version : Compass for SZD-55

Steve Freeman
July 23rd 07, 09:56 PM
Anyone know where I might find a KI-13 compass? I believe it was what
came from the factory on the SZD-55.

Marc Ramsey[_2_]
July 23rd 07, 10:08 PM
Steve Freeman wrote:
> Anyone know where I might find a KI-13 compass? I believe it was what
> came from the factory on the SZD-55.

http://store.williamssoaring.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

look at the last item on the instruments page. I don't know if they
still have them, but they did 5 years ago...

Marc

JS
July 24th 07, 01:52 AM
On Jul 23, 2:08 pm, Marc Ramsey > wrote:
> I don't know if they
> still have them, but they did 5 years ago...

They do. I recently bought one from Noelle.
Jim

July 24th 07, 02:13 AM
On Jul 23, 4:56 pm, Steve Freeman > wrote:
> Anyone know where I might find a KI-13 compass? I believe it was what
> came from the factory on the SZD-55.

There's an earlier RAS thread on how to repair your old one...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.soaring/browse_frm/thread/7cb4d6078bc77f1/fc2c1d6df8e231cb?lnk=gst&q=PZL+compass+repair&rnum=14#fc2c1d6df8e231cb
Figure out if its leaking out the back seam or a crack, grind out the
crack, epoxy, and voila !
Then don't over-tighten the mounting band and hopefully it won't crack
again.

See ya, Dave

Google