PDA

View Full Version : It dices, it slices, it guts like a fish

Dave Kearton
July 24th 07, 10:27 AM
Not a chainsaw nor jealous wife even close.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

adelsonsl
July 24th 07, 02:54 PM
they recreated this on myth busters on discovery if you get it down there.
they used a plne engine mounted on rails
to do this

"Dave Kearton" > wrote in message

> Not a chainsaw nor jealous wife even close.
>

> --
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave Kearton

CWO4 Dave Mann
July 24th 07, 04:46 PM
adelsonsl wrote:
> they recreated this on myth busters on discovery if you get it down there.
> they used a plne engine mounted on rails
> to do this
>

> "Dave Kearton" > wrote in message
>>

>> Not a chainsaw nor jealous wife even close.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Dave Kearton

Let's see here:

1. Flat battery -- forgot to put the trickle charger on or left his dome
light on
2. Tried to crank by hand -- alone, no doubt; after all why ask for a
standby safe guy?
3. Brakes not set -- oh, OK, well they would have frozen up in the
winter anyway;
4. $500K damages -- Insurance company
5. Insurance cancellation notice to follow

Careless .. I'm surprised the prop didn't dice and slice the pilot ...

Cheers,

Dave

John Szalay
July 24th 07, 06:39 PM
CWO4 Dave Mann > wrote in
:

>>> Not a chainsaw nor jealous wife even close.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Dave Kearton
>>>

> Careless .. I'm surprised the prop didn't dice and slice the pilot ...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

There was an incident just like it Germany, pictures to follow as soon
as I can find the achive..

John Szalay
July 25th 07, 12:12 AM
CWO4 Dave Mann > wrote in
> Careless .. I'm surprised the prop didn't dice and slice the pilot ...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

Here ya go,
had to dig thru a few backup CDs to find these.

CWO4 Dave Mann
July 25th 07, 12:35 AM
John Szalay wrote:
> CWO4 Dave Mann > wrote in
>> Careless .. I'm surprised the prop didn't dice and slice the pilot ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Here ya go,
> had to dig thru a few backup CDs to find these.

Yikes!

And I recall there was an accident with a Corsair recently that was
moving without a forward safety ground guide. Fatality I think.

Be careful out there.

Thanks for posting!

Dave

Dave Kearton
July 25th 07, 04:00 AM
CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

>> Let's see here:
>>
>> 1. Flat battery -- forgot to put the trickle charger on or left his
>> dome light on
>> 2. Tried to crank by hand -- alone, no doubt; after all why ask for
>> a standby safe guy?
>> 3. Brakes not set -- oh, OK, well they would have frozen up in the
>> winter anyway;
>> 4. $500K damages -- Insurance company
>> 5. Insurance cancellation notice to follow
>>
>> Careless .. I'm surprised the prop didn't dice and slice the pilot
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Dave

It went to court - of course - and the good doctor claimed some sort of
latent fault with the brakes.

I'm not qualified to comment either way, it's a plane crash (of sorts) so
I'm sure the official report is out there somewhere.

It's just another case where a bit more prevention (chocks) is worth the
effort, had he thought of them in time.

This is one of those cases where the Internet story is infinitely more
attractive than the truth. I posted the pics and clippings of the event
and the court proceedings as they happened - as the incident was at my local
GA airport.

Yet, on a regular basis, some retard posts pics with the fabrication about a
jealous wife with a chainsaw. Such is the Internet, I guess.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

John Szalay
July 25th 07, 03:17 PM
CWO4 Dave Mann > wrote in news:N0wpi.16010

> And I recall there was an accident with a Corsair recently that was
> moving without a forward safety ground guide. Fatality I think.
>
> Be careful out there.
>
> Thanks for posting!
>
> Dave

IIRC: it was last year at the EAA flyin.

John Szalay
July 28th 07, 06:00 PM
John Szalay > wrote in
42:

> CWO4 Dave Mann > wrote in news:N0wpi.16010$
>> Yikes!
>>
>> And I recall there was an accident with a Corsair recently that was
>> moving without a forward safety ground guide. Fatality I think.
>>
>> Be careful out there.
>>
>> Thanks for posting!
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Not a Corsair, but I found the pics.
>

> begin 644 08.jpg
>
> Attachment decoded: 08.jpg
> `
> end
>

> begin 644 09.jpg

John Szalay
July 28th 07, 06:00 PM

John Szalay
July 28th 07, 06:00 PM

CWO4 Dave Mann
July 28th 07, 06:16 PM
Thanks for posting John; F6F not F4U.

No ground safety escort = accident.

RIP

Dave

Jake
July 28th 07, 06:30 PM
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:16:34 -0700, CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

> Thanks for posting John; F6F not F4U.
>
> No ground safety escort = accident.
>
> RIP
>
> Dave

It is not an F6F, it is a TBM. And I don't know what the TBM pilot was
doing before the accident, but if he had been doing "S" turns as he should
have, the accident probably would not have occurred.

As for ground safety escorts the only ground escort typically used are wing
walkers to make sure the the wing tips are clear of obstacles.

If I remember the accident happened last year at Oskosh and as far as I am
concerned the TBM pilot should be in prison. The pilot of the small plane
I believe was killed.

JakeInHartsel

Jake
July 28th 07, 07:17 PM
I remebered wrong it was the passenger in the homebuilt that was killed. I
have not been able to find out what happened to the pilot of the TBM, maybe
someone on the news group knows.

JakeInHartsel

Google