PDA

View Full Version : Captain Mel Meltzer

Boomerang
July 26th 07, 03:21 PM
The VP community the passing of retired Captain Mel Meltzer on July 6, 2007. Mel died of a heart attack at his home in Pennsylvania after a distinguished career which included duty in the program management of the A-New system, the basis for the development of the P-3C. He was my Executive Officer in VP-56 during the 1969 Fleet Introduction of the P-3C aircraft and commanded the squadron in 1970. I speak for all of his VP Squadron mates in noting that we miss Mel and will remember him for his contributions to VP Aviation.

Boomerang
July 26th 07, 09:48 PM
That is "The VP Community notes with sadness the passing..."

Tom Clarke
August 14th 07, 02:56 AM
Sorry to hear that. I was a next door neighbor of VP-56 in 1969 when I was
in VP-24 here at Pax River. BTW I still work in hangar 306! (not
continuously since 69 though!!)

Tom Clarke
CDR (Ret)
"Boomerang" > wrote in message
The VP community the passing of retired Captain Mel Meltzer on July 6, 2007.
Mel died of a heart attack at his home in Pennsylvania after a distinguished
career which included duty in the program management of the A-New system,
the basis for the development of the P-3C. He was my Executive Officer in
VP-56 during the 1969 Fleet Introduction of the P-3C aircraft and commanded
the squadron in 1970. I speak for all of his VP Squadron mates in noting
that we miss Mel and will remember him for his contributions to VP Aviation.

Google