PDA

View Full Version : Winter Airpspeed Repair

James Hamilton
July 26th 07, 10:48 PM
If you are flying an experimental glider, you can get
your Winter Airspeed Indicator repaired at The Gyro
House in Auburn, CA (they are located on the Auburn
Airport). They cannot give you a 'certificate' that
is issued for using the instrument in normal category
aircraft. I had mine repaired by them about 3 years
ago (a 1 1/2 rev display; used in a Ventus C). They
did a complete overhaul at a reasonable price (less
than $300.00) and from the time I gave it to them (in
person) and they shipped it back to me (in Reno, NV)
was less than a week. They also overhauled an altimeter
for me and a freind of mine has had a DG and an RPM
indicator repaired by The Gyro House for his Cessna
180. I would recommend them. Here is their website:
http://www.gyrohouse.com/

Jimmy Hamilton
JLH

July 27th 07, 03:06 AM
On Jul 26, 5:48 pm, James Hamilton
> wrote:
> If you are flying an experimental glider, you can get
> your Winter Airspeed Indicator repaired at The Gyro
> House in Auburn, CA (they are located on the Auburn
> Airport). They cannot give you a 'certificate' that
> is issued for using the instrument in normal category
> aircraft. I had mine repaired by them about 3 years
> ago (a 1 1/2 rev display; used in a Ventus C). They
> did a complete overhaul at a reasonable price (less
> than $300.00) and from the time I gave it to them (in
> person) and they shipped it back to me (in Reno, NV)
> was less than a week. They also overhauled an altimeter
> for me and a freind of mine has had a DG and an RPM
> indicator repaired by The Gyro House for his Cessna
> 180. I would recommend them. Here is their website:
> http://www.gyrohouse.com/
>
> Jimmy Hamilton
> JLH

I feel sorry for you... they are only about $300 new from the factory.

2c

Google