PDA

View Full Version : OSH Homerun? Glass Cockpit for the Budget-Challenged

Marco Leon
July 27th 07, 05:56 PM
Looks like a homerun and it didn't even come from Garmin.
http://www.aspenavionics.com/index.php/products/evolution/video/

Going head-to-head with Garmin's G600 at a third of the cost and a fraction
of the installation. Is this thing certified yet??

Wow.

MArco

Dallas
July 27th 07, 07:34 PM
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:56:39 -0400, Marco Leon wrote:

> Going head-to-head with Garmin's G600 at a third of the cost and a fraction
> of the installation. Is this thing certified yet??

It appears to fit into a standard 3" hole in the panel.... wow.

--
Dallas

Ross
July 27th 07, 07:50 PM
Dallas wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:56:39 -0400, Marco Leon wrote:
>

>>Going head-to-head with Garmin's G600 at a third of the cost and a fraction
>>of the installation. Is this thing certified yet??
>

> It appears to fit into a standard 3" hole in the panel.... wow.

The video says it IS certified and ~ $8K for part and installation.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Marco Leon
July 27th 07, 09:12 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message

> The video says it IS certified and ~ $8K for part and installation.

I have a feeling that this will seriously cut into the planned Garmin G600
market. They're similar in size and function and you have the option of
getting just one panel as opposed to the dual panel that the G600 requires.
At $8K with install, that's the same amount as the Avidyne MFD.

Marco

Dallas
July 27th 07, 11:27 PM
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:12:05 -0400, Marco Leon wrote:

> I have a feeling that this will seriously cut into the planned Garmin G600
> market.

This could spell really bad news for Sandel's product line.

--
Dallas

Google