PDA

View Full Version : pre worlds

BB
July 27th 07, 04:10 PM
US fans will want to watch the pre-worlds toady at http://www.wgc2008.org/

Rick Walters is in a commanding 200 point lead. (Way to go Rick!) But
the report reads

At windspeeds of 25 to 30 knots and cloudbase at 1300 meters the day
won't be easy. Quite possible that we'll have some outlandings today.

John Cochrane

Udo
July 27th 07, 06:27 PM
Rick Walters won in the 18 meter class by placing 17th today, the last
day, with the LS 10.
In the 15 meter class, also a LS 10, won the day and will move up in
the standing as well.
As of yesterday that pilot was in 17th place overall.
Udo

On Jul 27, 11:10 am, BB > wrote:
> US fans will want to watch the pre-worlds toady athttp://www.wgc2008.org/
>
> Rick Walters is in a commanding 200 point lead. (Way to go Rick!) But
> the report reads
>
> At windspeeds of 25 to 30 knots and cloudbase at 1300 meters the day
> won't be easy. Quite possible that we'll have some outlandings today.
>
> John Cochrane

Andreas Maurer[_1_]
July 27th 07, 10:26 PM
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:10:24 -0700, BB
> wrote:

>US fans will want to watch the pre-worlds toady at http://www.wgc2008.org/

Here are the unofficial overall scorings, published half an hour ago:

15m-class:
http://www.wgc2008.org/fileadmin/fcc/lg07/Aufgaben/20070727_15m_total.pdf

18m-class:
http://www.wgc2008.org/fileadmin/fcc/lg07/Aufgaben/20070727_18m_total.pdf

Open class:
http://www.wgc2008.org/fileadmin/fcc/lg07/Aufgaben/20070727_15m_total.pdf

--- Unashamed promotion ---

(The guys who won the first three places of the 15m-class are all
members of my club, the fourth was a member of my club until 2003)

Great job, gentlemen.

---End of unashamed promotion ---

Bye
Andreas

Ray Lovinggood
July 28th 07, 02:28 AM
Andreas wrote:

>--- Unashamed promotion ---
>
>(The guys who won the first three places of the 15m-class
>are all
>members of my club, the fourth was a member of my club
>until 2003)
>
>Great job, gentlemen.
>
>---End of unashamed promotion ---
>

>Bye
>Andreas

Andreas,
Martin and Georg were members of MY club, back in 1983
- 1986! But I do not know Florian. Please tell me
who Florian is!

Martin and Georg were always inspiring me with their
flights in their LS4. I could not believe it was possible
to fly as far as they did. They also, foolishly, would
fly with me in the K-7, teaching me the fine art of
winch launching. Please tell them that I send 'Greetings'
and 'Well Done' on the race results.
Oh, I still miss the people of DJK!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Andreas Maurer[_1_]
July 28th 07, 09:20 AM
On 28 Jul 2007 01:28:06 GMT, Ray Lovinggood
> wrote:

>Andreas,
>Martin and Georg were members of MY club, back in 1983
>- 1986!

:)))

> But I do not know Florian. Please tell me
>who Florian is!

Florian is the son of Johannes (who is the youngest of the Theisinger
Brothers). He started gliding at the age of 14 and is already an
instructor.

David Schneider is the son of Johannes Schneider who you also ought to
have known.

>Martin and Georg were always inspiring me with their
>flights in their LS4. I could not believe it was possible
>to fly as far as they did. They also, foolishly, would
>fly with me in the K-7, teaching me the fine art of
>winch launching.

They still do... :)

>Please tell them that I send 'Greetings'
>and 'Well Done' on the race results.

Thanks a lot - I'll send your greetings!

>Oh, I still miss the people of DJK!

:)))
Is there any chance for a visit of good ol' Europe?

Bye
Andreas

Ray Lovinggood
July 29th 07, 01:59 AM
>Is there any chance for a visit of good ol' Europe?
>

>Bye
>Andreas

Andreas,
Yes.

Now, if you send me your e-mail, I'll provide more
answers off from the RAS frequency.

Ray Lovinggood

Google