PDA

View Full Version : McDonnell_F-101_Voodoo.jpg

Troy24
July 28th 07, 01:15 AM

Bob Harrington
July 28th 07, 01:58 AM

Lonnie
July 28th 07, 02:44 AM
Bob,

You must be referring to the only state in these here United States that has
a tropical rain forest? As it does rain quite often, I can see why it has
it.

Have you been to McChord? Does the C-141 that went to Jonestown still sit
on the flightline?

--

Chaplain (COL) Lonnie J. Potter
National Recruiting Coordinator
"Bob Harrington" > wrote in message
> Troy24 > wrote in
> 4ax.com:
>
>> Attachment decoded: McDonnell_F-101_Voodoo.jpg
>
> Woo Hoo! The Home Team! (well, almost - Oregon ANG, from the state that
> serves as the Neutral Zone between Mine and California...)
>
> Same bird in the newer markings -
>
> F-101B 58-0270 142 FIG 123 FIS PDX 6-79
>
> Bob ^,,^

Bob Harrington
July 28th 07, 05:10 AM
"Lonnie" > wrote in
:

> Bob,
>
> You must be referring to the only state in these here United States
> that has a tropical rain forest? As it does rain quite often, I can
> see why it has it.

We have a rainforest in Washington, but not a tropical one. The Olympic
rain forest is the largest temperate rain forest in the world, however.

> Have you been to McChord? Does the C-141 that went to Jonestown still
> sit on the flightline?

I haven't been there for a couple years; wish I could have been there this
week for the AMC Rodeo - lots of interesting Hercs from around the world
on hand.

Looks like the Starlifter is a proud part of the McChord AFB Museum...

<http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/REV%20B%20MAM%20COLLECTION%20C-141%
20BORDER.htm>

Argh - fear that URL wrapped badly...

Bob ^,,^

Bob Harrington
July 28th 07, 08:12 AM
Bob > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:44:22 -0400, "Lonnie" >
> wrote:
>
>>You must be referring to the only state in these here United States
>>that has a tropical rain forest? As it does rain quite often, I can
>>see why it has it.
>
> It is a temperate rain forest.
> Global warming might be a future problem, but I don't think
> Washington State is considered tropical - yet...

We have a ways to go yet.

>>Have you been to McChord? Does the C-141 that went to Jonestown still
>>sit on the flightline?
>
> "On April 9 2001 36 years of history came to a end when McChord's last
> StarLifter, S/N 65-000267 lifted off on is final flight into
> retirement in the sun of Arizona."
> http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org/
>
> You would think a Col. would know that....

I believe the Col. was referring to the C-141B belonging to the McChord
AFB museum -

http://www.mcchordairmuseum.org

Bob ^,,^

Google