PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 7xx planes end-to-end

Billy[_2_]
July 28th 07, 06:15 AM
This is a repost of a broadcast email, so I apologise if you have already
seen it. If not, enjoy!

"Amid all the 787 roll-out hoopla, perhaps the coolest event went unnoticed.
On Saturday night, Boeing had all of the 787 airline representatives at an
event at the Museum of Flight. At 7:07 PM, an Omega Air Refueling Services
707 landed in front of the crowd (after taking off from Paine Field in
Everett). At 7:17, an AirTran 717 landed. This continued until 8:17 when
an Air France 777-300ER landed. In the end, the 717, 727, 737, 747, 757,
767, and 777 were lined up nose-to-tail on the taxiway. It is the first
time Boeing has had every 7-series airplane in the same place (not counting
the 787, which couldn't make the flight, of course). "

miket6065
July 28th 07, 08:28 AM
Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.

Alf Blume
July 28th 07, 02:15 PM
Hello, miket6065!
You wrote on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:28:23 -0500:

m> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.

. . and a Douglas DC-9 as No. 2 plane ?

With best regards, Alf Blume. E-mail: alfblume(at)hotmaildotcom

Bobby Galvez
July 28th 07, 03:42 PM
Alf Blume wrote:

> Hello, miket6065!
> You wrote on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:28:23 -0500:
>
> m> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.
>
> . . and a Douglas DC-9 as No. 2 plane ?

Redesignated "Boeing 717" after the takeover.

I had the same thought - it's out of place in a Boeing lineup.

BobbyG

Herman
July 29th 07, 12:37 AM
"Bobby Galvez" > schreef in bericht

> Alf Blume wrote:
>
>> Hello, miket6065!
>> You wrote on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:28:23 -0500:
>>
>> m> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.
>>
>> . . and a Douglas DC-9 as No. 2 plane ?
>
> Redesignated "Boeing 717" after the takeover.
>
> I had the same thought - it's out of place in a Boeing lineup.
>
> BobbyG

Me too. Whatever Boeing calls it, it's a DC9.

Regards,
Herman

Bob Harrington
July 29th 07, 10:56 AM

Bob Harrington
July 29th 07, 10:58 AM
"Herman" > wrote in
:

> "Bobby Galvez" > schreef in bericht
>>

>> Alf Blume wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, miket6065!
>>> You wrote on Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:28:23 -0500:
>>>
>>> m> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper
>>> right.
>>>
>>> . . and a Douglas DC-9 as No. 2 plane ?
>>
>> Redesignated "Boeing 717" after the takeover.
>>
>> I had the same thought - it's out of place in a Boeing lineup.
>>
>> BobbyG
>>

> Me too. Whatever Boeing calls it, it's a DC9.

Or at least an MD-95.

Then there's the Boeing DC-3... ;^}

Bob ^,,^

Dave Kearton
July 29th 07, 11:15 AM
Bob Harrington wrote:
>> "miket6065" > wrote in news:peCqi.120$AC7.28
>> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:
>>
>>> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.
>>
>> That is British Airways Concorde G-BOAG, donated to The Museum of
>> Flight in Seattle in November 2003.
>>
>> The Boeings in the photo are lined up on the taxiway in front of the
>> Museum, located at the south end of Boeing Field.
>>
>> Bob ^,,^

Apropos of nothing, Boag's is a brand of beer made in Tasmania, which I'm
reliably informed, tastes the same going in as it does coming out.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Bob Harrington
July 29th 07, 11:23 AM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in
:

> Apropos of nothing, Boag's is a brand of beer made in Tasmania,
> which I'm reliably informed, tastes the same going in as it does
> coming out.

That presents a mental image I don't ~even~ want to mentally image.

Dave Kearton
July 29th 07, 11:26 AM
Bob Harrington wrote:
>> "Dave Kearton" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Apropos of nothing, Boag's is a brand of beer made in Tasmania,
>>> which I'm reliably informed, tastes the same going in as it does
>>> coming out.
>>
>> That presents a mental image I don't ~even~ want to mentally image.

Especially if you're approaching your golden years .....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton (there must be a name for the condition of going just one
step too far)

Terry M[_3_]
July 29th 07, 04:50 PM
Was just at that museum in May - a terrific museum with a great collection.
I highly recommend it to anyone who has never been there or who hasn't been
there in three or four years. Going through the Concorde was quite an
experience.

"Bob Harrington" > wrote in message
> "miket6065" > wrote in news:peCqi.120$AC7.28
> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.
>
> That is British Airways Concorde G-BOAG, donated to The Museum of Flight
> in
> Seattle in November 2003.
>
> The Boeings in the photo are lined up on the taxiway in front of the
> Museum,
> located at the south end of Boeing Field.
>
> Bob ^,,^

Scubabix
July 29th 07, 05:30 PM
It is a Concorde, donated to the MoF by British Airways.

--
Support www.HonorFlight.org
Show a Vet that you remember.
"miket6065" > wrote in message
.. .
> Interesting to see what appears to be a Concorde in the upper right.

Rob[_4_]
July 30th 07, 12:20 AM
Terry M wrote:
> Was just at that museum in May - a terrific museum with a great collection.
> I highly recommend it to anyone who has never been there or who hasn't been
> there in three or four years. Going through the Concorde was quite an
> experience.

The most interesting one is at the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Museum which
has the test bed 002, as flown, with the little one (Handley Page
HP115) beside it.

Google