PDA

View Full Version : Closing a Cirrus door in flight -- it can be done

Anonymous coward #673
August 4th 07, 08:18 AM
I managed to close the door of an SR22 after it popped open in flight
without landing. The trick is to slow to 90 knots and then give the
door handle a good yank. It worked for me.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Larry Dighera
August 4th 07, 02:17 PM
On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 00:18:54 -0700, Anonymous coward #673
> wrote in
>:

>I managed to close the door of an SR22 after it popped open in flight
>without landing. The trick is to slow to 90 knots and then give the
>door handle a good yank. It worked for me.
>
>Just in case anyone was wondering.

Did you have the cabin air vents open or closed, Ron?

Judah
August 4th 07, 03:02 PM
Anonymous coward #673 > wrote in news:nowhere-
:

> I managed to close the door of an SR22 after it popped open in flight
> without landing. The trick is to slow to 90 knots and then give the
> door handle a good yank. It worked for me.
>
> Just in case anyone was wondering.

Yeah, just try not to yank the door handle all the way off.

Ron Natalie
August 4th 07, 04:38 PM
Anonymous coward #673 wrote:
> I managed to close the door of an SR22 after it popped open in flight
> without landing. The trick is to slow to 90 knots and then give the
> door handle a good yank. It worked for me.
>
> Just in case anyone was wondering.
Or you could just deploy the chute.

Darkwing
August 4th 07, 04:57 PM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
> Anonymous coward #673 wrote:
>> I managed to close the door of an SR22 after it popped open in flight
>> without landing. The trick is to slow to 90 knots and then give the door
>> handle a good yank. It worked for me.
>>
>> Just in case anyone was wondering.
> Or you could just deploy the chute.

Nah. Just fly it into the ground and let the impact deploy the chute.

DW

Google