PDA

View Full Version : Subaru EG33 JDM Questions

August 4th 07, 04:32 PM
I've bought a "92-96" EG33 from Engine World that was imported via
JDM. All hoses were cut and the ECU was NOT included. I've found the
number "022110" stamped on the engine housing near the flywheel.

I've been told the 92-96 EG33's were all the same engine. Can anyone
verify this or speak on that subject? I am wanting to buy an engine
manual for rebuild and everyone wants a year and model (1994 SVX). I
will also be looking for an ignition controller and ECU. Will they
all be the same for 92-96?

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Allen Slominski
Houston, TX

Cy Galley
August 6th 07, 03:15 AM
Be very, VERY careful using the ECU of a Subaru. At extended high power
settings it can go into "limp home mode" which is reduced power designed to
get the car to a service station BUT its NOT enough power to fly an
airplane. See "Contact!" issue 88 for details. Call 559-584-3306 to get a
copy. It could save your life.

--
Cy Galley
EAA Safety Programs Editor

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I've bought a "92-96" EG33 from Engine World that was imported via
> JDM. All hoses were cut and the ECU was NOT included. I've found the
> number "022110" stamped on the engine housing near the flywheel.
>
> I've been told the 92-96 EG33's were all the same engine. Can anyone
> verify this or speak on that subject? I am wanting to buy an engine
> manual for rebuild and everyone wants a year and model (1994 SVX). I
> will also be looking for an ignition controller and ECU. Will they
> all be the same for 92-96?
>
> Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Allen Slominski
> Houston, TX

August 13th 07, 06:15 PM
On Aug 4, 11:32 am, "
> wrote:
> I've bought a "92-96" EG33 from Engine World that was imported via
> JDM. All hoses were cut and the ECU was NOT included. I've found the
> number "022110" stamped on the engine housing near the flywheel.
>
> I've been told the 92-96 EG33's were all the same engine. Can anyone
> verify this or speak on that subject? I am wanting to buy an engine
> manual for rebuild and everyone wants a year and model (1994 SVX). I
> will also be looking for an ignition controller and ECU. Will they
> all be the same for 92-96?
>
> Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Allen Slominski
> Houston, TX

Allen,

I have the Subaru Service Manual on my web pages at:
http://www.canardzone.com/members/phillipjohnson/References/useful_references.htm

I hope that this helps.

Phil

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

August 14th 07, 03:53 PM
Join some of the lists that discuss the suby. I've seen the info
you're asking, just can't recall where. Here're some leads

http://www.prachapter34.com/converting_engines.htm
Also check out the files in the subaru/vanagon list on yahoo groups.
A lot of guys are putting subys in the VW vanagon and working out
these sorts of ECU questions
-Kent

Google