PDA

View Full Version : fredricksburg scores question

BB
August 8th 07, 12:35 AM
(This is really for rules junkies!)

The day 1 sports class winner got 400 points. I thought under the new
rules we got more distance points, i.e. 480 for the winner if everyone
lands out.

11.6 ‡ â€* Scoring Equations
11.6.5 ‡ â€* Scored completion ratio:
SCR = ((Number of Finishers) - 0.75 * UF) / (Number of
contestants)

JC: that would be zero

11.6.6 ‡ â€* Maximum Speed Points:
MSP = STF * (600 + 500 * SCR) (but not greater than STF
* 1000)
STF isn't defined in sports regional rules (11.4 is missing) but FAI
class regional rules say
11.4.2 ‡ â€* Short Task Factor:
If there are no Finishers, STF = 1.0

JC: so MSP = 600

11.6.7 ‡ â€* Maximum Distance Points:
MDP = MSP * (0.8 - 0.2 * SCR)

JC: So MDP = 600*0.8 = 480

11.6.9 ‡ â€* Best Distance:
If there are no Finishers, BESTDIST is the greatest
value of HCPDIST achieved by any pilot.
Otherwise, BESTDIST is the larger of the greatest
HCPDIST achieved by any Finisher and (BESTSPD * MINTIME).

11.6.10 ‡ â€* Points for Non-Finishers:
POINTS = BONUS + MDP * HCPDIST / BESTDIST
(but not greater than BONUS + MDP)

JC: so the winner, who lands in a field, should get 480 points, not
400. What did I miss here? Are they using an old version of winscore,
did the RC decide not to go with the greater distance points, or did
I screw up the calculations?

Task: Turn Area
ID Name Distance (Miles) Radius
76 START E 0.00 5.0
31 HORSESHO 29.24 25.0
1 FREDERIC 66.46 1.0

Minimum Time 02:30

Cumulative
Day Speed Distance Remarks
Rank Points ID Name Glider Rank Points
Hndcp Actual Hndcp Actual Code Penalty Points
---- ----- -- ---- ------ ---- ------
----- ------ ----- ------ ---- ------- ------
1 400 6W Snead, William PW-5 1
400 88.50 73.75
2 387 01 Goddard, Larry LS-3a 2
387 80.04 83.99 AB

01-- Zero One
August 15th 07, 04:37 AM
Good point, John.... I think we deserved at least 480 points!
Whew!!! We had some tough days there!

oups.com:

Google