PDA

View Full Version : Coronado

Hub Plott III
August 10th 07, 08:37 PM

Jim Morris[_2_]
August 11th 07, 04:22 AM
"Hub Plott III" > wrote in message

I made 2 flights in a P-5. When those types of aircraft were on the ground I
was always amazed that they could
actually get airborne.

vr,
jm

Boomerang
August 11th 07, 12:03 PM
The Coronado was the PB-2Y made by Consolidated beginning around 1937. The
P5 (formerly the P5M) series were the Martin Marlins developed later
(1962)from the PBM Mariners.

Don Pyeatt
August 11th 07, 12:44 PM
"Hub Plott III" > wrote in message

Great photo! Any chance of a 360dpi scan and repost?

TNX !

Hub Plott III
August 11th 07, 12:55 PM
Sorry Don, It was sent via email to me by a friend in NZ so I posted what I
got. I will ask him if he can do that and repost if he does.
"Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message

> "Hub Plott III" > wrote in message
>>

> Great photo! Any chance of a 360dpi scan and repost?
>
> TNX !

Don Pyeatt
August 11th 07, 04:10 PM
"Hub Plott III" > wrote in message
> Sorry Don, It was sent via email to me by a friend in NZ so I posted what
> I got. I will ask him if he can do that and repost if he does.
> "Don Pyeatt" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Hub Plott III" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Great photo! Any chance of a 360dpi scan and repost?
>>
>> TNX !

Many thanks!

While you're asking, see if a TIFF file is an option. You can ZIP it, yEnc
it, RAR it or whatever suits you.

Don

Chris Jella[_2_]
August 11th 07, 05:19 PM
Interesting the inboard engines have 4 blade props and the outboards are 3.
Wonder what the reasoning there was?

Boomerang
August 11th 07, 06:30 PM
The inboard four-bladed props were reversible. The two outboard engines had
standard three-bladed props. Better handling on the surface - large
freeboard area presented a control problem trying to turn into the wind in
any kind of a chop. The reversible props added directional control on the
surface of the water.

Jim Morris[_2_]
August 16th 07, 09:12 AM
"Boomerang" > wrote in message
> The Coronado was the PB-2Y made by Consolidated beginning around 1937. The
> P5 (formerly the P5M) series were the Martin Marlins developed later
> (1962)from the PBM Mariners.

Never said it was a P-5. Just I flew in one and those types (meaning sea
planes) were ungainly ashore.

vr,
jm

Google