PDA

View Full Version : TV Stars!!!

Jack[_4_]
August 11th 07, 03:09 AM
Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
celebrity just continues to grow...

Yeah.....RIGHT!!

Jack Womack

August 13th 07, 06:10 PM
On Aug 10, 9:09 pm, Jack > wrote:
> Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
> tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
> celebrity just continues to grow...
>
> Yeah.....RIGHT!!
>
> Jack Womack

Jack,
how'd it go? i got the email from Mike describing the setup. I hope
it turned out well and will be a great publicity stunt for soaring.

Ralph Jones[_2_]
August 13th 07, 08:51 PM
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:09:47 -0700, Jack >
wrote:

>Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
>tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
>celebrity just continues to grow...
>
>Yeah.....RIGHT!!
>
>Jack Womack

I was waiting to launch in a Regionals out of Littlefield about 20
years ago when a Lubbock TV crew came up to interview me in my
cockpit. I thought I had the answers to all the usual media questions
down pat, but they blindsided me with "Without an engine, how do you
come down?"

Try to come up with a non-condescending sound-bite answer to THAT
one...hope nobody saw me on the tube...;-)

rj

Bill Daniels
August 13th 07, 09:44 PM
"Ralph Jones" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:09:47 -0700, Jack >
> wrote:
>
>>Caprock Soaring Club is hosting a TV news crew out of Lubbock
>>tomorrow. They will be shooting from the air and the ground. My
>>celebrity just continues to grow...
>>
>>Yeah.....RIGHT!!
>>
>>Jack Womack
>
> I was waiting to launch in a Regionals out of Littlefield about 20
> years ago when a Lubbock TV crew came up to interview me in my
> cockpit. I thought I had the answers to all the usual media questions
> down pat, but they blindsided me with "Without an engine, how do you
> come down?"
>
> Try to come up with a non-condescending sound-bite answer to THAT
> one...hope nobody saw me on the tube...;-)
>
> rj

I would just agree that it's a real problem - gliders tend to stay up
forever and travel vast distances. You need pilot training to make them
come down where you want them to....

Bill Daniels

Jack[_4_]
August 14th 07, 12:17 AM
It went very well for us Saturday. There was an inversion, no clouds,
and it was HOT! We had a safety briefing for our visitors, and
everyone flew. I believe they got some nice air-to-air footage and it
will hopefully be some positive publicity for soaring in general, and
hopefully will help Caprock grow a bit.

Jack Womack (TE)

Google