PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Region 10 Fredericksburg Contest Team

Tim[_2_]
August 13th 07, 02:47 AM
Having just completed flying the Region 10 Contest at Fredericksburg,
Gillipsie County Airfield in the great State of Texas, I wanted to
publicly thank the organizers, the Fault Line Flyers and the many
other volunteers that made the contest a roaring success.

This was one of the tightest run contest I have yet seen in soaring.
>From the keeping of the books, to the daily pilot meeting goodies, to
the retreive office (used A LOT!), to the tow and ground operations,
to the amlost impossible task calling, etc., etc. It was a first rate
show at a new contest site. We need more of that here in the USA.
Great Job!

Despite the sometimes dismal soaring weather, the Texas Hill Country
has been demystified for me and I am sure for many other pilots who
flew their first contest in this sometimes forbidding terrain. I can't
wait to go back for the next contest in Hill Country.

Tim McAllister EY

August 14th 07, 04:44 AM
Tim:

we had fun putting it together and are delighted to have had all of
you participate.
I enjoyed flying with you (when we were not too low over tiger
country). See you next time.

-Gonzo (EE)

August 14th 07, 10:00 PM
It was a blast--for my first contest it was challenging and stressful.
But the good organization and time management made up for the sweat in
the cockpit. I consider the terrain not tiger country, but hostile
Indian territory (historically Comanche). The terrain being noted--I
think there were 18-19 landouts on Tuesday and Wednesday--less later
in the contest. Not one glider was damaged beyond a few nicks--no one
was hurt--and all returned to fly the next day. Enough agri-fields and
ranch runways are out there amongst the rocks and hills.

Great job by the CD, CM, and volunteers of Fault Line Flyers.
Fredericksburg in 2008?

-Bob DeLeon (GE2)

Google