PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Schempp Hirth Wing Ballast Cap

Paul Cordell
August 15th 07, 08:52 PM
I had 1 depart in Flight and need a replacement.

Rumor has it that the factory no longer stocks this style and they
are currently on
vacation

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=5&currentpos=35

August 15th 07, 11:11 PM
On Aug 15, 12:52 pm, Paul Cordell > wrote:
> I had 1 depart in Flight and need a replacement.
>
> Rumor has it that the factory no longer stocks this style and they
> are currently on
> vacation
>
> http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=5&currentpos=35

Dont tell me the plastic you installed on the underside blocked the
vent and the thing shot out like a champagne cork at altitude ;)

Regards

Al

Paul Cordell
August 16th 07, 12:38 AM
On Aug 15, 3:11 pm, " >
wrote:
> On Aug 15, 12:52 pm, Paul Cordell > wrote:
>
> > I had 1 depart in Flight and need a replacement.
>
> > Rumor has it that the factory no longer stocks this style and they
> > are currently on
> > vacation
>
> >http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=5Ītpos=35
>

> Dont tell me the plastic you installed on the underside blocked the
> vent and the thing shot out like a champagne cork at altitude ;)
>
> Regards
>
> Al

Nope! The caps fit loose and after I had cleaned off the old tape
residue, I forgot to retape......

Stewart Kissel
August 16th 07, 01:15 AM
Try M + H Soaring....they were going to price them
for me but I never heard back. (Dropped one with the
cherry threader attached and cap broke in two, still
usable but a bit of a nuiance to take the cap out in
two pieces) I figure they don't give these away for
those of us who lose/break them. Email or post if
you get a price please.

Stewart Kissel
August 16th 07, 01:16 AM
Try M + H Soaring....they were going to price them
for me but I never heard back. (Dropped one with the
cherry threader attached and cap broke in two, still
usable but a bit of a nuiance to take the cap out in
two pieces) I figure they don't give these away for
those of us who lose/break them. Email or post if
you get a price please.

August 16th 07, 01:35 AM
On Aug 15, 7:38 pm, Paul Cordell > wrote:
> On Aug 15, 3:11 pm, " >
> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 15, 12:52 pm, Paul Cordell > wrote:
>
> > > I had 1 depart in Flight and need a replacement.
>
> > > Rumor has it that the factory no longer stocks this style and they
> > > are currently on
> > > vacation
>
> > >http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=5Ītpos=35
>

> > Dont tell me the plastic you installed on the underside blocked the
> > vent and the thing shot out like a champagne cork at altitude ;)
>
> > Regards
>
> > Al
>
> Nope! The caps fit loose and after I had cleaned off the old tape
> residue, I forgot to retape......

We heard it came loose in a barrel roll through the finish ;-)
Hope to see you at New Castle !
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

Paul Cordell
August 17th 07, 07:56 PM
On Aug 15, 12:52 pm, Paul Cordell > wrote:
> I had 1 depart in Flight and need a replacement.
>
> Rumor has it that the factory no longer stocks this style and they
> are currently on
> vacation
>
> http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=5Ītpos=35

THANKS Tony in AZ (TS1) for your kind donation of leftover Ventus
Caps!

and everyone else for their comments. I did talk to M & H Soaring
and they told me of the factory's vacation and change of style of
caps.

the Nimbus 3D is not a machine you want to roll.......

Tuno
August 17th 07, 08:30 PM
< the Nimbus 3D is not a machine you want to roll....... >

What about the Ventus 3X? I'll trade my LS-22 for one of those.

2NO

Google