PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge L-Nav

Brian Laverick-Smith
August 17th 07, 09:03 PM
I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
the agent but in between time .....?
On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
has been good for the two years I have had it
It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
like me ]

Any ideas folks

Brian K.G.C.
Brian L-Smith Kent England
Brian L-Smith

August 17th 07, 10:04 PM
On Aug 17, 4:03 pm, Brian Laverick-Smith
> wrote:
> I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
> wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
> the agent but in between time .....?
> On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
> up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
> speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
> has been good for the two years I have had it
> It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
> like me ]
>
> Any ideas folks
>
> Brian K.G.C.
> Brian L-Smith Kent England
> Brian L-Smith

Check your plumbing for pinches or leaks.
Input errors lead to output errors.
Good luck
UH

HL Falbaum
August 17th 07, 11:57 PM
--
Hartley Falbaum
"Brian Laverick-Smith" > wrote
>I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
> wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
> the agent but in between time .....?
> On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
> up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
> speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
> has been good for the two years I have had it
> It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
> like me ]
>
> Any ideas folks
>
> Brian K.G.C.
> Brian L-Smith Kent England
> Brian L-Smith

HL Falbaum
August 17th 07, 11:59 PM
Also---check the battery--a little coin-cell battery. When dead, you lose
your polar setting, and a lot else.
Small leaks in plumbing--esp to the flask--lead to wierd readings.

--
Hartley Falbaum
USA---"KF"

"Brian Laverick-Smith" > wrote
in message ...
>I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
> wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
> the agent but in between time .....?
> On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
> up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
> speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
> has been good for the two years I have had it
> It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
> like me ]
>
> Any ideas folks
>
> Brian K.G.C.
> Brian L-Smith Kent England
> Brian L-Smith

Ian McPhee
August 18th 07, 10:46 AM
Agree with battery - if you can not get the original battery 2032 fits the
holder OK - also look for cracks it the original red silicon tube used
internal within the unit - I had one woth a lengthwise crack in tube which
only played up in the air
Ian McPhee AUS

"HL Falbaum" > wrote in message
> Also---check the battery--a little coin-cell battery. When dead, you lose
> your polar setting, and a lot else.
> Small leaks in plumbing--esp to the flask--lead to wierd readings.
>
> --
> Hartley Falbaum
> USA---"KF"
>
> "Brian Laverick-Smith" >
> wrote in message ...
>>I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
>> wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
>> the agent but in between time .....?
>> On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
>> up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
>> speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
>> has been good for the two years I have had it
>> It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
>> like me ]
>>
>> Any ideas folks
>>
>> Brian K.G.C.
>> Brian L-Smith Kent England
>> Brian L-Smith

Papa3
August 18th 07, 01:46 PM
On Aug 18, 5:46 am, "Ian McPhee" > wrote:
> Agree with battery - if you can not get the original battery 2032 fits the
> holder OK - also look for cracks it the original red silicon tube used
> internal within the unit - I had one woth a lengthwise crack in tube which
> only played up in the air
> Ian McPhee AUS
>
> "HL Falbaum" > wrote in message

> > Also---check the battery--a little coin-cell battery. When dead, you lose
> > your polar setting, and a lot else.
> > Small leaks in plumbing--esp to the flask--lead to wierd readings.
>
> > --
> > Hartley Falbaum
> > USA---"KF"
>
> > "Brian Laverick-Smith" >
> > wrote in ...
> >>I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
> >> wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
> >> the agent but in between time .....?
> >> On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
> >> up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
> >> speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
> >> has been good for the two years I have had it
> >> It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
> >> like me ]
>
> >> Any ideas folks
>
> >> Brian K.G.C.
> >> Brian L-Smith Kent England
> >> Brian L-Smith- Hide quoted text -

Ditto on the battery. Had the exact same symptoms you described last
year. Replacing the backup battery immediately fixed it. Of
course, you'll then have to re-enter the polar and other settings, but
it should be good as new after that.

Cheers,
Erik Mann

Google