PDA

View Full Version : European Gliding Championship

GK[_1_]
August 18th 07, 05:45 PM
15 meter class results:

1st place Diana 2
2nd place Diana 2

http://www.egc2007-issoudun.fr/results/15m/78I_EGC-15M_tot.htm

Its superiority above any 15 meter out there is by my standards well
proven, if manufacturer can just fix all the bugs...

--=JJay=--[_2_]
August 18th 07, 10:28 PM
GK pisze:
> 15 meter class results:
>
> 1st place Diana 2
> 2nd place Diana 2

Wrong!
1st place Janusz Centka Diana-2
2nd place Karol Staryszak Diana-2
Good glider is important but without good pilot there wouldn't be succes.
Congratulations, great flying Janusz and Karol :)

regards
--
--=JJay=--
www.aeroklub.deblin.pl, my photos at airliners.net - http://tiny.pl/rcwl

August 19th 07, 05:09 AM
> Congratulations, great flying Janusz and Karol :)
>
> regards
> --

Fantastic example of persistence, great strategy and tactics, superb
team work. So very cool.
Great result. Congratulation. Janusz and Karol, I'm happy for you
guys.
And Diana2, well ....no matter what some folks say, it is proofing
itself to be a great glider.

Richard

August 19th 07, 03:20 PM
On Aug 19, 12:09?am, wrote:
> > Congratulations, great flying Janusz and Karol :)
>
> > regards
> > --
>
> Fantastic example of persistence, great strategy and tactics, superb
> team work. So very cool.
> Great result. Congratulation. Janusz and Karol, I'm happy for you
> guys.
> And Diana2, well ....no matter what some folks say, it is proofing
> itself to be a great glider.
>
> Richard

The prototype Nimbus was a "great" glider but only in the right hands.
Very few in 1970 would have had the ability or skill to fly that plane
to a championship as George did. It comes down to the pilot plugged
into the stick and their ability to correctly apply the input to the
machine they fly.

The debate on the Diana2 will continue. How will the results pan out
when lesser pilots are in the cockpit? DJ, KS, DM, 5U, XM, et al,
could fly planks and still beat beat most of us. Put a top glider in
their hand (maybe the Diana2, maybe not) and they always prove lethal.

Gary Adams

Google