--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Richard[_1_]
August 19th 07, 04:26 PM
On Aug 18, 5:25 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
> Is anyone in the USA using the Garrecht Mode S transponder? If so, how
> is it working out, and do you have an operating current consumption
> measurement for it?
>
> --
> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
> * "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

Eric,

The Garrecht Transponders are not yet certified for use in the United
States.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Eric Greenwell
August 19th 07, 05:55 PM
Richard wrote:
> On Aug 18, 5:25 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
>> Is anyone in the USA using the Garrecht Mode S transponder? If so, how
>> is it working out, and do you have an operating current consumption
>> measurement for it?
>>
>> --
>> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
>> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
>> * "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
>> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org
>
> Eric,
>
> The Garrecht Transponders are not yet certified for use in the United
> States.
>

> Richard
> www.craggyaero.com

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm updating my "Transponders in Sailplanes"
article, and want to include the newest equipment. The VT-01 looks very
interesting. Any idea of when/if they will be certified?

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

August 20th 07, 09:05 PM
On Aug 19, 9:55 am, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > On Aug 18, 5:25 pm, Eric Greenwell > wrote:
> >> Is anyone in the USA using the Garrecht Mode S transponder? If so, how
> >> is it working out, and do you have an operating current consumption
> >> measurement for it?
>
> >> --
> >> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
> >> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
> >> * "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
> >> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org
>
> > Eric,
>
> > The Garrecht Transponders are not yet certified for use in the United
> > States.
>
> > Richard
> >www.craggyaero.com
>
> I'm sorry to hear that. I'm updating my "Transponders in Sailplanes"
> article, and want to include the newest equipment. The VT-01 looks very
> interesting. Any idea of when/if they will be certified?
>
> --
> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
> * Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
> * "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
> * "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org- Hide quoted text -

I contacted Garracht early this year about this very issue. They
awaiting a letter from the FCC accepting their European certification
as being valid in the US. He said they would post a notice on their
web site once they received it. So far, no joy...

Isn't bureaucracy wonderful?

Tom

Google